Dec 20, 2007

~ Metalic taste in my mouth ~

I have this weird metalic taste in my mouth this week. What's that about? Maybe my bionic woman parts are rusting.

It's nearly 1 am and I'm awake. Why?...because I made the unfortunate decision to eat two pieces of almond roca when I got home at 10pm. So my brain is on a sugar rush. Rather than lay awake, which irritates me (shocking I know) I would rather be busy.

I'm browsing around all your facebooks pages...cause I'm snoopy. Got reading Amy Workman's (call out to Amy) blog and she had a fun Christmas questionaire...so guess what's your reading next.


1. WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS? Wrapping paper for sure. For a couple years now I've done a wrapping present game with my kids. I'm locked in my room wrapping all of the presents in one night. As I get 3 or 4 of them done, I unlock the door and push them out. They coming squealing down the hallway to see who the presents are for, and then take them to the tree.

2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Fake, fake, fake....

3. WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE? I try to have it up the first FHE in December. It was late this year as I was not in the country....I was walking on the beach. This year our tree is also only half dressed. The bottom half is Jack-proof, the top half is mommy pretty.

4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN? New Years Day

5. DO YOU LIKE EGG NOG? Yes, but only a couple swallows. You could choke on that stuff. My dad used to water it down with milk for us.

6. FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD? Roller skates

7. DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE? Yes...it's getting old and broken though. Didn't put it up this year, as I was already late decorating, and busy...so it's slim pickings. Joseph's hand is broken off and I think the sheep has lost his head.

8. HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR? Brian's dad...he has everything, or doesn't want anything, or buys whatever he does want.

10. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? Brian gave me exercise equipment one year. Um.....watcha tryin' to say Buddy?!!!!!

11. MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS? Yes....in January.

12. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE? = ) Elf

13. WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS? In the summer. My goal is to always have all the shopping done by November 30th. However next year I'm going ot move that up even more. I find that if I'm done all the shopping and prep then I spend quality time with the kids.

14. HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT? That depends on who's reading this blog.

15. FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS? My mom's caramels.

16. CLEAR LIGHTS OR COLORED LIGHTS ON THE TREE? Clear lights...and mommy puts those up by herself, and they have to be evenly spaced, and none hanging down...I have selective OCD....that's one of them.

17. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG? O, Holy Night.

18. TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME? While the kids are small we're going to stay home. But as they get bigger, I want to travel.

19. CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA’S REINDEER? Mastercard, Visa, Debit, Cash.....

20. ANGEL OR STAR ON THE TREE TOP? Big lopsided bow. Waiting to find that perfect gold star.

21. OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING? Christmas morning. What would be left for Christmas morning if you opened them all on Christmas Eve??

22. MOST ANNOYING THING THIS TIME OF YEAR? I understand that my children are excited....I really do. But my kids get really......REALLY annoying when they get too excited. It's all I can do no to send them to their rooms until Christmas morning.

23. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT CHRISTMAS? The magic of it....

24: FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TRADITION? Santa leaves the gifts, unwrapped, in front of the tree.

25. UP OR EARLY OR SLEEP IN? Early....but the rule is 7am. They have to stay in their rooms until then. Not that we're sound asleep...we're laying awake waiting for the time to pass as well. But I hate it when the presents are done....and it's 8:30. That's a lot of day left, and they're already tired and cranky.

26. DOES SANTA WRAP YOUR GIFTS? Nope...that's a mommy job.

27. DO YOU TELL THE CHRISTMAS STORY? Yes, we have a great book that we read, and we have the nativity in hand puppets that the kids like to act out. Though that usually ends in carnage...but acted and real.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment