Aug 11, 2009

~ Processing ~

Have you ever had events happen in your life, so quickly, that you needed time to process. That's me the past couple days. As all know, my current job is not quite fulfilling my needs. Financially it's okay, but intellectually....well, have you noticed I blog more?

So I'm always scouring the ads for a better situation. Applying for jobs that I think are amazing and that I would rock to the curb. I've rarely heard back from any. I choose to think that it's due to the high unemployment rate, rather than to my lack of marketable skills. I'm a darn great catch, how come no one seems to realize?

Well....tables have turned boys and girls. Applied for a job on Friday, reluctantly I might add. I have all the qualifications, seemed like a fit...but this is the title. "Slave Driver Boss, Long Hours". Makes you wanna go hmmmmm. So I skipped that one, looked at others. Went back and read it again....moved on. Went back again, and thought....why not. Cause really, who's opinion is "Slave Driver Boss". Does that indicate high expectations or a tendency to require floor moping? And Long Hours....meaning a full days work rather than an early lunch and never coming back?

In thinking about employment in the last while I realized that it's been a while since I got a job on my own. Maybe way back in Mariposa days. But lately it's all been referrals or working with people I have history with.

So when I received a call in response to this ad, I was surprised. AND, when this call was a little anxious sounding and wanted to meet with me right away...also surprised.

AND THEN...to keep the surprises coming. I went to the interview on the same day he called....had a good chat with the nice man...and went on my way. Really, never expecting to get it...cause let's face it...when you think you nailed it, you rarely have. This was yesterday. He said he'd let me know either way by Wednesday, because he had some other interviews booked for today. K, fine...no problem.

I get a call three hours after leaving the interview. With an offer. More money, more responibility, more vacation....definately more work.....and "How soon can you start?" Wow. A little shocked. Not sure how I feel about it. Lot's to take in.

So I slept on it. My mom told me a long time ago that the best way to handle a situation is to sleep on it. Nothing is quite as big after a good sleep. I didn't get a good sleep, as I was doing all the thinking. But she was right. Today the decision is obvious...though still a little overwhelming.

What have I decided? Stay tuned...

2 comments: