Dec 13, 2010

One week to crazy....

One week of work left....and it will be a busy one.  I hate it when  project you figure will take a day,  maybe two,  ends up taking the entire week.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Little glitches,  little things turn into a four hour delay,  or this and that turns into another entire day of working on it.  Anyway,  project from last week is complete,  but put me behind on a massive list of  "need to finish before holidays"

On sunday we pick up the masses for a fun filled week of craziness.   The kids are all here for Christmas and the week leading up.  We have plans,  both activity and food related,  to keep them entertained,  fed and having fun.  We're also,  as you know,  frantically finishing the basement so we don't have to all sleep on the same level.  Well,  not frantically finishing at this moment,  seems that UFC trumps basement finishing.  Too bad I already know who wins...and he doesn't...and won't let me tell him,  and would be very annoyed if I blurte it out to you,  as he's reading over my shoulder.

So, 4/7 children's christmas shopping is done.  Seems it's the three big boys who are not quite there, and who are the most expensive.  When "car" is on one of their lists....you can see where this is going.  (he's not getting a car)  Little boys are easy still....Star Wars = win.  10 year old Princess...she's always very specific with lists on the fridge,  including store suggestions.  C man and I are not buying gifts for each other.  (well,  that's not exactly true,  he thinks that 'we' should get a new TV for christmas...I'm pretty sure that is not a 'we' gift) ...(I think a 'we' gift would involve a beach and fruity drink with an umberella and a shirtless 6 pack boy named Alexandro...that's an exellent 'we' gift)....(or just Alexandro)

What's on the lists of our children?  All the obvious of course,  iPods (the 4th Generation of course,  as they have the 3rd gen ones...which are now "so out"...since last year?!)  cell phones,  Paper Jamz (who thought this up?  flat,  useless guitar cuts outs that only play 5 songs...but it's on her list)  Anything Star Wars...but be careful,  cause it has to be Clone Wars...not just any kind of Star Wars.  Then there's the default...Wii games,  Xbox games,  DS Games....any type of game that fits into their brain draining game systems that inhabit every house they call home.    Interesting that this year there isn't anything West49 on the lists of our boys.  I guess West49 has gone south.  Higher on the list is Aeropostale.  Guess they're going preppy rather than skater.  Whatever,  good for the budget..Aero has better sales.

What's on my list?  World peace and elinating hunger of course.  And when that's done....well.  There's this girl I work with.  She's been at our office for 3 months....today is the first day I've seen her wear the same outfit twice.  3 months....INCLUDING SHOES!!!  Oh,  my dream life.  But as she tells me...."Remember Tiff,  I don't have kids".....dang kids.  C man adds,  I've also rarely seen the same winter coat.  (drool and whine...oh the life)

Of course she's also my height and comes in a size 6,  groan.

This holiday season is also bringing some great movies.  The Tourist looks funny,  I enjoy Johnny Depp in nearly any faculty.  21 Jumpstreet,  I love you.  Tron is high on someones list,  seems I have to watch the old one first.  (yippee)  Love and Other Drug...maybe.  Can't think of other ones at this exact moment,  but some good possilibities.  Watch the new Narnia over the weeked with the Big T (horray for big life steps!!)  Pretty good,  better than the second one that I had to watch the night before,  seems I missed it somewhere along the way.  Oh,  the kids want to see Tangled...and I'll likely be seeing Narnia again.

Holiday Schedule - feel free to call and book your slot,  hurry,  times a wastin,  available slots filling up quickly.

Dec 19-25,  unbelievable noise,  mess,  eating,  crazines  and so much fun and quality good time with our kids.

Dec 26-Jan 3 - movies,  staying out late,  friends,  time with you?  ... no kids.

We're both off for two weeks,  need the break,  looking forward to christmas with our children and being together.

Hope your're excited about your plans too.

3 comments:

  1. I don't see how Alexandro would be a 'we' gift...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Finally someone that is in the same boat as me when it comes to having to christmas shop for a million kids and wonder how to keep them entertained for their 2 weeks off :) Welcome to the club! You & C are awesome and I'm sure you'll have an awesome Christmas!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Christmas sounds like it's going to be a LOT quieter :) Enjoy your time together, and then enjoy your time ALONE afterwards!

    ReplyDelete