Sep 11, 2009

~ LOST ~



I don't watch Lost. I watched the first two episodes...and lost interest. And I only really watched the first two episodes because I used to love Party of Five. And if you don't see the correlation...then you are not cool. Sorry.

So Lost. I still don't watch it. Haven't changed my mind since the last paragraph. I'm informed that's it's pretty good...but whatever.

So Lost. Today I may have accidentally got a little lost. Now, it wasn't my fault..it might have been my first time going that direction...so I was unfamiliar. But then I figured it out. A little too late, but still.

Have you ever been lost on a reservation? A little unnerving. Not because anything is going to happen...but because you're not actually supposed to be on the reservation. As it has been pointed out to me recently, I'm white. Now, I don't think I should lose points for this...I can't control what shade I am. Well, I sort of can with UV and how it makes my skin a golden brown. But even with all the UV in town...I still think they'd know I'm white. But it seems that if I'm not the correct shade of not-white...then I don't qualify for a treaty card. And if you don't have a treaty card then you can't get a carton of cigarettes for much cheaper, and can't express post it up to the Northwest Territories....cause you don't have a treaty card. This is how my whiteness factor came up...cheap cigarettes. Not for me...obviously...but for the guy that didn't know I was white.

ANYWAY.

If you're going to get lost, don't do it on the reservation. Cause if you're white, remember I am...then you're not really supposed to be on the reservation. Driving around, trying to find the turn..that you've missed.

Now...I know you're wondering...WHY was I lost on the reservation? Cause it's a super rad short cut...duh.

2 comments:

  1. Okay.....ya just "lost" me here. LOL! I crack myself up.
    Okay. Whatever.

    So seriously........why did you get lost? Is part of your new job driving somewhere else occasionally? Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're missing out not watching "Lost" but at this point it's a LOT of background to catch up on. So if you don't watch Lost-what are your favorite shows?
    Joe and I got lost trying to get home from Crossiron Mills the other day. There were signs that pointed east saying the road would lead us to Country Hills. And then there were no more signs and we couldn't even see the city. I bet people just put them up to see if anyone was dumb enough to keep drivng. Which um yeah-we were. LOL.

    ReplyDelete