Jul 21, 2008

~ Back on track...literally ~


The first day back at running was this morning. Man....has my body fallen by the way side and picked up some pounds while waiting. Little stress, k lot of stress....lot of work....sleep depriviation and health concerns lead to weight gain and out of shapeness....crapola.

So it was time to hit the training again. Small glitch....four children. Solution - elementary school. There is an elementary school in town that has two new parks and a 1/4 mile track in the same field. The kids played, I ran.....perfect! Oh, except for the wheezing lady that could barely make it past one full round of the track without dying.... aka Me! But it's a start and a start is all it takes.


Plan of attack this time....no weigh ins. I'm not going to weigh myself. I'm going to train for a few months....or forever and when I'm happy...or at least satifisied with my progress size wise, then I'll see how much that size weighs on me. I hate the disappointment that the numbers game plays with your head. You can be getting smaller but the scale won't say so. So fine.....the scale no longer gets a say in my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment