Jul 25, 2008

~ Summer Shooters ~

No, I have not taken up drinking.....tempting. No, I have not bought a bar, imagine the karaoke. No I have not hired Chip n' Dale Dancers....oh the fun D and I would have with that.....DD, can you imagine!! Oh, and if we added JL to the mix.....wow! No I have not turned to 'offing' people....but I do have a list.

Simply, the summer seems to be shooting by.

Last summer dragged....on and on and on. J was too little to be out a tonne, I was working a lot and got caught up in that quite often. It just seemed to drag. I dreaded the 8 weeks of my children being home. The non-stop fighting, bickering, teasing.....oh the agony.

Now, not to say that this summer has not involved bickering, teasing and general agony....it has. But it's almost the end of July and we're all still breathing. What's the difference?

For one, we're busy. Busy doing stuff. We have home days and fun days....well we have home fighting days and out of the home fighting days. Mr. T (are you picturing the mohawk and bling?...not him, my son) is in a particularily extreme phase of teasing. 11 yr old boys are pro's at getting their 8 yr old sister to scream and freak out from the non-stop teasing. He should write a book, we could be rich.

It also helps that one whole week was camping, another whole week was basketball camp, this week was catch up with home and work. Next week B is off and we've got lots planned. The next week is a little more camping, and MRI and Cirque de Soliel. The next week is more camping, then the next week B has off again, then the next week school starts. That's it, summer wrapped in a nice little package...maybe with a bow even.

So summer has come in a shooter this year. How is your summer wrapped up?






No comments:

Post a Comment