Feb 11, 2009

~ Sleep....where art thou? ~


So, 3:25 am....and I am awake. And I have been awake for a while now. I did start by sleeping and then was awaken by the 2 year old kicking me. Why was this child in my bed? That's a long an complicated answer starting with me allowing my babies to sleep in my bed. Short and sweet, because he was. He is a lovely boy and I am very fond of him, but he's been a terrible sleeper the last couple weeks....and mommy is getting grumpy about it. So whether he is actually to blame or it's all me, either way.....still awake.

You're thinking....I know.....TylenolPM. Always a good answer, but I find I need more than 5 to 6 hours of sleep to not feel like I'm still under it's spell the next morning. So I don't like taking it after 1-2am. And I'm way past that now....so no drug induced sleep for me.

I thought surfing would do it, usually does. Found a fab pair of boots on eBay that I'm now watching and may be wearing in the near future.

Read all of your blogs, why didn't you guys blog more....I accomplished that way too fast.

Dear CC - you're strong, amazing and confident. You will survive the Bridge. Put your big girl smile on and don't let them get into your head.

Dear LL - thank you for joining the "All the best mommies have bad, bad mommy days". We've been waiting for your enrollment for a while. Thought you'd never look us up.

Dear JL - what are you going to do with that box, it's very pretty.

Dear BJ - rather than me BJing something, can you just do it for me when you visit next week. Would really save me the frustration of sucking at it. Thanks!

So I've had a large response from my request for a Therapist. So many emails and comments with everyone interested in the position. Many had offers to help their cause of being selected. S wants $200/hr though, don't think so....nice try. T thinks it's impossible for anyone to be my therapist, that's probably true. Lets meet and go shopping while we discuss it. D thinks that camping equipment will get him the job......possibly, what do you have? A thinks that flattery will put her at the top of the list, always a good angle to take. And the list goes on. So here's a few more items to narrow down the perspective applicants.

Perspective Therapist should:

Have a wide selection of accessories that I can choose from to compliment outfits, I will be keeping selections

Have a new dessert for me to try each week. I prefer mocha flavors.

Always give me high praise for showing up at the appointment, I'm busy after all.

Not post anonymous snarky comments on my blog. It's irritating, if you don't like me....go away.

Provide small fortune for Mexico outfit shopping, cause I'm finally booked.

Don't be irritated when I pause to text on my BB. I like to do that.

Inform my children that mommies are allowed to text on BB....there isn't any age limit.

Also inform children that telling the Daddy about said texting will not get them brownie points, or even brownies. Mommy likes to text, leave mommy alone. U not the boss of me.

My kitchen is a bit of a disaster, generally all the time....a solution to that which does not involve me would be appreciated.

It snowed a little yesterday.....shovelling sites may need attention.......gotta shovel?

Someone touched the key to my treadmill, location of key would be appreciated.

Should have wide selection of lotions, dry skin irritates me. On myself, and others.

Explain why that guy with the shiny shirt on American Idol even got past the first round.

Also explain why Tatiana is still in....cause I want to slap her, repeatedly.

Provide selection of Seafood, scallops are my favorite.

Does that narrow down the field a little?

So still not tired.....how about a top 10 list.

1. There are a lot of noises in this house that I was not aware of. The fridge is especially loud. I'm going to have my MIL sleep on my couch when she comes next. Cause every time she spends time here, she finds something that isn't working properly and informs my FIL who then buys me a new one. It's a great understanding we have going on. She'll be watching the kids when we go to Mexico...I wonder if she'll notice all the sticky notes I'm going to leave on items that are not in their prime. Do you think sticky noting the whole lino floor would be obvious??

2. Retail therapy is my choice anytime I'm having a particularly frustrating life....or just having life. This past weekend there may have been an amazing red bag found....for 20% off.....I can now deal with my life for another day.

3. Driving into work today. Two vehicles in the ditch, flipped upside down. How does that happen exactly? I drive that highway a lot...never had a need to flip over into the ditch.

4. J has a little quirk....."Mom, what doing?" Losing my mind, what are you doing?

3:50....yep still not sleepy. This isn't looking good.

5. Heading over to help N with those triplets tomorrow. I thanked her the other day for having so many babies for me to love. They're pretty nice. Every time I hold a little one I wish that I could have felt more myself when I had my own. Rather than silently wishing they'd grow up faster and sleep through the night. Good thing N has so many babies, oh but wait...I'm still not sleeping through the night, or even sleeping it seems. Maybe I'll have a nap tomorrow with a blanket of babies.

6. I have this amazing stylist. She's been cutting this mop for years now...more than 10 years in fact. I have a lot of hair......A LOT. So K and I went to see her....K has the opposite of a lot of hair. She was nervous, I wasn't. My gal....she's good at her job. K now looks amazing....

7. Dinners have been a little on the boring side lately. Nothing new or daring. Which my family is actually happy about. They don't enjoy new and daring. The regulars have been on our table for a few weeks now. They love it, I'm bored with it. Menu planning tomorrow....

8. Sleep deprivation may be the cause of my less than witty comments. I may be subconsciously trying to bore myself to sleep.

9. Just heard J get out of his bed and toddle down to my room. Why can't that child stay asleep? What is he waking up for? I am not sleeping in his bed. 2 year old bed, not comfy...mommy bed, very comfy. Plus the boys have a portable heater in their room. They both sleep like they're being attacked by lions....blankets everywhere. In an effort to keep them asleep we heat up their room. However when you are semi sleeping in a two year old bed, with a 2 year old....sometimes you turn and get a nasty surprise of being too close to that little heater. I'm looking for heat and tan, but not in the shape of vents on my arm.

10. Do you think mommies of 4 should wear bikini's? I bought one for our last trip to Mexico and then chickened out. Figured what happened in Mexico stayed in Mexico.....but pride and stretch marks wouldn't allow me to wear it. There will be less of me going to Mexico this time around, pondering whether I'll have the guts. Cause let me tell you, I'd be near the top of the list for looking good. People are either very confident in their appearance, of have never owned a mirror or scale when deciding on beach apparel....or lack of apparel.

Okay, going to try sleeping again. May be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment