Jun 25, 2009

~ Occupational Health & Safety Part 2~

The 3 day course is complete, and it was thought provoking. For one, this particular position is open and needed at the company I am currently employed. The question is, do I want the job? It's generally a boy job. Doesn't have to be a boy job, it just usually is. That isn't a deterent for me...I'm not afraid of boys...but it does cause a bit of concern. Can a cute girl like me (people tell me I'm cute, I'm still deciding) be taken seriously in a traditionally boy job. Cause it's not just an office job, it would be "put on the steel toe boot and hard hat and check out the work site" job.

Today we learned about Hazard Assessments, Emergency Prepardness Policies, Investigating Incidents, and Record Keeping. Are you sleeping yet? It may have been slightly more interesting if I wasn't on day 3, and hadn't been driving out to Drumheller and back every morning and afternoon. So I was pretty checked out. Looking to exit the building as soon as possible.

Still pondering the career change. I'm interested, but intimidated. Will keep you posted.

In further news, I am the owner of a big SUV. I know, you're shaking your head thinking...."In today's economy?!!" It's a weekend vehicle. I needed the space for kidlets and the towing capacity. Got a decent deal, from a really nice guy who didn't try and talk over my head, or run a fast one by me just because of my gender. I was grateful for the respect I felt and how smoothly it all came together.

Other than that, life is complicated as usual...

Was it really windy today, or just me!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if anyone could keep up with the boys, it would be you. And I'm sure you can find some stylish steel-toed boots somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete