Jun 4, 2009

~ Profound Apologies ~

I haven't posted, in like...a super long time. There's plenty going on...lots of people I run into that I have comments, questions or general critiquing on their outfit. General bits of information and knowledge to pass on to all of you that (don't) care. But no...I haven't blogged.

So, new job. I have a big girl job now. I've always had some sort of job...but it's always been my own company and I work when I want and make all the rules and be bossy.... that sounds vaguely familiar to other parts of my life.

Anyway, due to life changes I needed to take a real job. So I began the search.

It seems that many companies like to post fake jobs. Like they're being a trickster. Cause I have marketable skills...and experience...and I'm cute to boot. But it seems that no companies want a hard working, smart, dedicated, outgoing, friendly girl on their payroll. Cause they certainly weren't beating down my door with calls and offers. There are even jobs that I know I'd be really great at....so what that my resume doesn't exactly reflect that, I KNOW! So after a few weeks of looking while I was finishing out a contract, I heard nothing. Frustrating. So I did the unthinkable...sent an email to a contact. This is a guy I've worked with before, who's always wanted me to work for him more consistently. He runs a decent company, with actual desks and phones...that wasn't the case when I worked with him before. So I send the email, I hesitantly send the email. I knew he'd take me on, give me the salary I request....that wasn't the problem. The problem is that I also know that he's a big talker and will over estimate the amount of work available.

So here's the dilemma....feel free to provide comments and suggestions.

Do you;

1. Work a job that is fairly boring, that allows you time to blog, and web surf and txt your friends...and talk on facebook. Also allows for relative flexibility in the work day...can take off early if you need. No one is watching me punch in...in fact I'm usually in the office a good hour before anyone else starts showing up. Has the possibility of getting more exciting, and taking on more responsibility....and also pays the salary I requested. Has decent people on staff, no body to specifically blog about yet, but I'm sure that will happen.

or

2. Work a job you love...that's challenging and stressful and makes you put your whole self into it everyday. Doesn't pay all that well...and you definitely have to stay until the last minute everyday. Doesn't allow for any personal stuff, cause you're way to over loaded with responsibility. Has people on staff you can't stand, tonnes of office politics and a guy that doesn't shower regularly.

Okay, that may have been a little exaggerated...but you see my point.

What would you do?

Now, keep in mind that I don't have a job that I think I would love being offered. It's all hypothetical. And I am currently working the boring job...and won't quit without another secure offer...but just wondering...
But let's face it, the best part about working an office job. The wardrobe. If I have to dress up everyday, I need new clothes. I have work stuff, and it's all decent. But hey, I don't always need a good reason for new clothes....but if there actually is a reason....hello shopping.

Kids - I have some. Took the Miss and her two tag along boys to Horseshoe Canyon last week. This is a place just outside Drumheller where 'the dinosaurs used to live'. Or that's what they say. Really it's a big gully that has cool mounds of dirt in it. The idea was that we'd go down into the gully and climb around and have fun. Um.....no.

First of all, I may have underestimated how steep that climb down would be. And overestimated the capabilities of said kids. Also may have not thought thru the the footwear choices. Flip flops and crocs are not good for hiking....it would seem. AND, may have also not thought about the fact that Mr. J - who is a solid boy - wouldn't want to walk and I'd have to carry him.

So Horseshoe Canyon didn't work.

Only minutes from Drumheller where 'the dinosaurs live'. So we headed off to see the biggest dinosaur in the world. I don't have a lot of other dinosaurs to compare this bad boy to, but he's pretty big. And the J man in particular was pretty impressed with him. Like, stand in the middle of the parking lot looking way up...mesmerized by the size and not noticing the SUV inching forward and ready to honk at him....impressed.

"Big dinor mom....big"

Yep, big.

I redeemed myself with the massive dinosaur, and the ice cream cone. I'm always amazed by the sheer mess that can be cause by an ice cream cone. It's yummy...just eat it. Don't get the rim of your hat in it, or have pieces fall off onto the seat belt. How are there even pieces...it's soft serve, it all comes out in a continual stream. Lick around the bottom. This is an around the world known fact. If you're eating a soft ice cream cone, you have to 'clean it up'. Now I am slightly thankful that tag along boys don't know this trick yet, more ice cream for me. So ice cream was good for morale, bad for mess.

Finally, the sticky boy clean up. How much ice cream is really on one of those? Maybe 5-6 ounces? Then how do two 35 pound boys get covered in it. I saw them eating it, watched it go in their mouths...and yet it seemed that they had painted it on themselves.

Bath time.

I enjoy a bath. Calm, soothing...down time. All good. Bubbles are always necessary. However I have never felt the need to pile the bubbles on my head. Or make a beard out of them. This must be a boy thing. Trying to anticipate what facial hair will look like on them. Or maybe what a top hat would do for an outfit. And for sure.....FOR SURE...I don't have a need to drink the water. HELLO....what parts of you are in that water???!?!? Just sayin'

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Nope - the bubble beards are just a kid thing, and admit it - you probably did it yourself last night just to see how it felt ;)

    You are a brave woman to take little kiddos on a hike solo! Brave or Crazy - often the same thing :) Sounds like you all had fun, though.

    And job? Life is too short to be stressed out every second. I'd be happy with the boring job, then make my excitement somewhere else. Then again, I'm not the adventurous type, like you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the "big girl" job. They are highly overrated. LOL. I would definately work the job I love with my fingers crossed for a pay raise and my resume posted at any and all possible future employment websites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Erica. I think it is best to work at a job that you love and that continues to challenge you in everything. It is more rewarding that way.

    ReplyDelete