Jan 12, 2010

~ Dear Sleep...~

I am exhausted, maybe too much...cause I'm wide awake like a 7 year old on Christmas Eve.

So...what to do, what to do.

Already talked to my people's on FB.

Already checked everyone's status, none of you had anything electric to report.

Already read Peter DeWolf...who's always worth losing sleep over. Sometimes I think he's got a magic ball and can see my life, and is blogging about it. I mean, not in his last blog though, cause my name is clearly not Molly.

Already wandered around the house like a surprise party was waiting for me around the corner.

I was disappointed.

And that would be creepy...

So...what's left? Top 10 it is.

1. Recently we discovered this major wicked awesome tabogganing hill in our new town. And yes, we were wearing leg warmers and neon when we found it....dude. So we purchased 7 super duper slippery death sleds, promptly passed them out to the children...and pushed them down the hill of doom. They proceeded to fly down at break neck speeds...sometimes forwards...sometimes not. Somtimes with the butts on the hill the whole time...somtimes not. Sometimes with all their limbs saftely contained with in the confines...of...nothing, cause they weren't in boats..they were on plastic disks...so sometimes their limbs fell out and that leads to crashing and spinning out of control. Or so I'm told. Anyway...there is this great hill in our town. We went sledding, it was fun.

2. I went down said hill the first time with Mr. J. He's a big powerful 3 now, big boy stuff...going down hill's. Ram myself onto the ridiculously small circle of plastic that I'm going to propel myself...and my child, down the hill on. Fold up the legs that don't bend like they used to. Put child, completely clothed in all cold weather gear...so he's twice the size and weight that he should be. Take aim...and fire ourselves down the slope of peril. Now, I was prepared for a decently speedy ride. Snow, new plastic...it isn't rocket science. This however was more like the drop of doom. I might have squeeled/screamed a little bit. I kept it in the check though, as to not scare the child that was being propelled with me. Bravery in the face of death and all that. So we get to the bottom..and I stop screaming. No wait,

I calmly say to my child..."Was that too fast, should we find a little boy hill?"

Darling child turns a beaming face at me, which is only slight covered in snow because I may or may not have put my feet down to slow down the jet powered rocket that was our bodies on plastic...and says...

"Let's do that again"

3. Christmas takes it too far with the giving. I did not need to receive the couple pounds that have tightened up my jeans. Thank you, but that one will be re-gifted.

4. Experienced a Motorcycle Show this weekend. Main man J and I checked out lots of shiny stuff, and leather stuff...and pretty colors. That's how he described it to me....with lots of oooohhhing, and ahhhhhing...and pointing and giggling.

5. CC...I think you have been avoiding the par-tay that is me. I know you felt neglected when you came to our house of horrors....aka six children fun fest. But you know that we are so in love with you, we'd give you our fillings and let you melt them down to make a promise ring. Now that' s love.

6. The swimming suits are out at Costco. Has the stuff buyer at Costco ever been here? in January? Cause it's possible we really do live in igloo's.

7. Haven't seen the pics from Christmas? Me either....wait your turn.

8. Received Philharmonic tickets for Christmas....going tomorrow night. Are there noise makers and confetti at these things? Hot Dogs? Can I "ooh ooh ooh" like Arsenio? How do you spell Arsenio? Arsineo? Arrs-neo? Finding Nemo?

9. Have you ever been on a rip stick? I highly recommend it, if you're life expectancy is expiring...when you let go of the wall.

10. Did you know that you can make a sugar cookie like 3 inches high, if you layer the icing, and sprinkles, and icing and sprinkles, and icing....you get it. Did you also know that if a child eats this creation, they can go into a sugar coma? Welcome to the par-tay....aka 5 kid fun fest.....we lost one.

2 comments:

  1. Peter DeWolf? What kinds of books does he write? I might have just found me a new author?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One summer evening i was determined to master the ripstik i mean how hard could it be i see B and K do it all the time. It was such a foolish endeavor I had the neighbourhood in tears at my attempts to stay upright.
    I will conquer it this summer though i can feel it:)

    ReplyDelete