Jan 6, 2008

~ New Year ~

Happy New Year to all!! Hope your holidays and Christmas season were fun, restful and free of children fighting (ya right!!)

I've had some requests to post the rest of the running schedule that I began with last year. I will do that...just need to get the sheets together again....keep looking back.

I was reading Heather D. White's blog and enjoyed her review of her year. Thought I'd follow suit.

2007 in review

1. What did you do in 2007 that you have never done before? I began a running program. I have never been particularily athletic, nor done really regular excercise. However I was encouraged when a running program began in our paper and I put on my runners that day and got on the treadmill. Since that time I lost 20 pounds, ran two 5 km races and have even bigger goals for this year.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2008? I did keep my one New Year's Resolution to get in better shape...and I'll be making more loafty goals for 2008. But as any person, there were some that I failed miserably at...keeping the house organized, talking nicely all the time...blah, blah, blah

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007? In 2007 a baby was born and brought to our family.... she is now my neice. I don't know her birth mother, but the mother who loves her now is a special person in my life.

4. Did anyone close to you die in 2007? Yes I lost my Aunt Linda in 2007. She was an amazing woman who I have many memories of growing up. I was always closest to her son Jim and we got in plenty of trouble together. She made me a better person, she continues to.

5. What countries did you visit this year? I visited the US of A in March and Mexico in December.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? I would like to have more patience with my children, more acceptance of those around me, more empathy for those who mourn and more gratitude for those that serve.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 5, 2007 is the day my baby turned 1 year old...and our life of babies ended. Our family is complete with the four children we have. It was a sad day as I have always loved babies, but a happy one as we look forward to our life with these children.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Crossing the finish line of my first race. I didn't win, but I didn't lose. I had set a goal to train, had worked hard and had accomplished something....that is a fulfilling thing.

9. What was your biggest struggle in 2007? My biggest struggle of 2007 and any other year is to understand my son.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2007? I puked for the first time in about 8 years.....do you want to know that?!!!

11. What was the best thing you bought this year? I didn't buy it....my husband bought if for me...but it has to be my PVR. Man I love that machine.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I think any of behavior you see when I put on my 'Primary President" had merits celebration. It is generally out of character for me, and my friends get a real kick out of watching me when I have the hat on.

But beyond myself I have to high five the behavior of my youngest brother Devon. He's made some astounding changes in his life....that have brought him back into my life. I can't express how happy I am about this and how much I look forward to spending time with him.

13. Whose behavior dissappointed you? That would be my own...I dissapoint myself on a regular basis.

14. Where did most of your money go? Most of our money goes to living....everyday regular life. But I did save for 7 months to take our family vacation to Vancouver, and I did save for 5 months to go to Mexico. It's amazing how much a free trip can cost you.

15. What did you get really really excited about this year? My trip to Mexico.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I'm always a fan of Nickelback....those guys kick my butt when I'm running.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? We are a little richer as the shop Brian runs is doing really well and we're starting to see the benefits of that....but no one is retiring yet. I'm definately happier as I'm very content in my life and love right now. And Nicer....well that depends on who has annoyed me lately.

18. What do you wish you had done more of? Really listening to my children, it's one of my goals for this year. Really hear what they're saying to me.

Talking to Terra....I miss her.

19. What do you wish you had done less of? Over thinking issues and words that only affect my life because I let them. As my good friend says.... "Don't own it"

20. Did you fall in love in 2007? I fall in love with Brian every time I see him playing with our children...he's an amazing father.

21. What was your favorite TV Program in 2007? The Amazing Race

22. What was the best book you read this year? Really enjoyed the Vampire books....you know which ones....is there a name to the series??

23. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year? Really enjoyed Josh Grobans christmas CD.

24. What did you want and get? I wanted to lose that baby weight from that last baby. Got it. This year...want to take off some more....hope to get it.

25. What was the best movie you saw this year? They weren't even the best ones out there...but I have Catch and Release on my PVR...that boy is pretty. I also really enjoy The Family Stone, I laugh out loud at the movie no matter how many times I watch it.

26. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? My birthday is on Thursday...so is that last years birthday? I was 32 and we went out for dinner with the kids....sort of the same plan this year.

27. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying? More satisfying...I'm still working in figuring out that special ingredient in my life that would let me fall into bed everythday feeling like it was a productive day on all the levels.

28. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? I hope I improved my fashion statement. As I lost weight I saw that you have to look good for every pound. You can't wait until you have th weight off to buy cute clothes and look put together. If you always feel good about yourself then it shows. It's hard when you're losing weight because you don't want to buy clothes that you'll be out of in a month or two. I'm still experiencing that...but spend the money to have a few good things....maybe have them altered after that...and then buy some new stuff. My alter guy....what he supposed to be called, not an alternator, that's in a a car. Anyway....he's worked some miracles on some of the items I liked, but were too big.

29. What kept you sane this year? My friends, pure and simple. They listen to me vent, they put up with my ranting and cursing at times. They just 'get' me.

30. What celebrity did you fancy the most? I always appreciate a good gene combination....aka...a good looking guy. So Timothy Olyphant is the pretty boy in Catch and Release. I've been a drooling fan of Johnny Depp since his 21 Jump Street Days. His work can sometimes be a little odd....but oh is he yummy. Orlando Bloom is scumptious in the last scene of Pirates.

31. Who did you miss this past year? Terra.

33. Who were the best new people you met this year? Funny to say....but the best person I met this year was my brother Devon. I've never really known him until now.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year. It doesn't matter what other think of you...only what you think of you, and what your Father in Heaven thinks of you. Everyone else can deal with their issues = )

No comments:

Post a Comment