Jan 29, 2008

~ Snow Days ~

Today is the second day of cancelled school due to the extreme cold. My children are in their glory....I am not. I love my children dearly, really, but I need my time away from them. Being home all day everyday is taking it's toll on my patience. They only had three days of school this week anyway, now they'll be lucky to have one. And to add to the festivities, my neck is so stiff. I don't know why, but it is adding to the joy.

So I've been challenged. Challenged by 3 different people to train for a Triathlon this summer. Actually to train for 3-4 different Triathlons. I'm excited and intimidated. Running and biking...no problem. Swimming, I'm not a good swimmer. I have six months to whip into shape....or drown and be done with it all. Started running again last week. Really running....running the whole 5k no matter how long it took me. This week I haven't done anything yet as this neck is having issues...but I still plan to hit the treadmill at least 3 times. I love running. I love how hard it is sometimes, but how satisfying it feels when I finish. The biggest challenge with training is the time factor. There is limited time that I can put in. And even more limits on the time that my children allow. Swimming is proving to be the challenge as the lanes are only open at certain times and many of those times do not fit into my schedule. There isn't babysitting at my pool, so another obstacle. I'll figure it out, while I fret about drowning.

It's tax season. My life is crazy busy all the time, but in tax season it takes on a whole new level. Tax season changes my job from part time that feels like full time.....to full time that feels like I never leave my office. So many of my clients show up at this time, some well organized and others with their paperwork looking like they crumpled it up and put a hose on it. This year I'm lucky to have my friend K working for me and helping with the file organization. That really helps...but the pressure is still on. So if I don't update my blog regularly, it may be because I drown, but more likely because I'm filing GST returns.

Tyler started Lacrosse last week. We're lucky to have a new league starting up in our town. This has allowed for the coaches to offer a winter training session that is no/low contact and teaches the boys the game. I'd looked into Lacrosse for him before, but it was really expensive and dove right into the season. I knew he's take one hit and we'd be done. This is perfect, he learns the game and gets eased into being beat up on the field. He loves it.....loves it. Came out of practise last week and pulled off his helmet to reveal wet sweaty hair and the biggest grin I've seen in a long time. "That was great mom!". He's growing up so fast, I can't believe it. He's turning 11 in a couple months.....what happened to my little boy.

On to the good stuff....

1. TV is crappy lately. Stupid writers strike. Who are they really punishing....me. My decompress time at night is in my bed watching all my favorite shows that I've PVR'd. Now my choices are Miss America Reality Check, dumb Canadian shows that have bad acting and worse dialogue.... GIVE ME BACK THE GOOD STUFF. I have been taping American Idol lately, which I never really got into before. "Let my People GOOOO"....oh, that was a good one. What are these people thinking. You're 900 pounds, a transvestite and can't carry anything resembling a tune....but let's audition for American Idol. No wonder Simon is so bitter.

2. Doesn't it get cold in Korea? We have lots of Korean exchange students in our town. They do not wear coats. It's minus 50 kabillion outside and they're walking to school in a hoodie. Welcome to our country, this is called a touque.

That's it. Only two today, sorry. But here is what so many of you have been asking me for.

Zero to 5K in Eight Weeks Program - Weel 1 - look to the sidebar.

You can do it!! Get started, and next week I'll give you my commentary on the things I changed and the challenges I faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment