Apr 13, 2008

~ Word is out ~

So new calling today. I've known about it for a couple weeks. But with Conference, I've had to keep it quiet. Nothing earth shattering or anything....just Enrichment Leader. I'm pretty excited about it. I've felt a lacking in the program since they changed it. Just couldn't quite understand the new direction. But I plan on making our Enrichments fantastic. Stay tuned for a new blog exclusively dedicated to my Ward Enrichment Activities.

1. D had her baby this week. Gotta say, so happy for her...but glad it wasn't me. My 'baby', if you can call the Truck that runs around our house by that term...is now 18 mo old and a crazy guy. He comes by his nickname 'Truck' as he's a solid boy. But D has a tiny little S now that is a pretty sweet guy. His siblings couldn't quite get why I'm kissing and loving him....he's not my baby. Well I've been waiting for him too, and my babies can fight back now...and he just smells so good. Doesn't make me want anymore, but sure nice to snuggle him.

2. The count down is on. Today is the 13th. I leave for a quick trip to visit Miss T in 11 days. Then back for two days and off on the big road trip with my gals. So much to do in the next 11 days. So many files to finish and file...so many more that will be late, cause people have to get their stuff to me sooner, and with all the paperwork intact....and possibly without gum, hair or dead flies contained in the file. However when I find cash, that's okay.

3. The city near here had a record dump of snow last week. Pretty funny, cause my quaint little town only 50k to the East got narry a flake. Ha ha....

4. This weekend my cottage, home, abode, residence and flat is getting all new windows installed on the main level. Pretty revved about this. The current panes....and they are pains....are not good. They provide constant air conditioning in the winter, and sauna quality heat in the summer. They have cracked and peeling wood....and lovely, also mold in places. They don't seal properly, thus the mold. So new windows all around. Cause I don't have enough going on with tax season, trips upcoming, life and a new calling....let's bring in construction guys and have them rip up my house for a couple days.

5. The man around here had a birthday yesterday. He's gettin closer and closer to 40....he turned 36. Wow!! I met this particular love fest when he was 22. Life's had it set of roller coaster rides, but mostly I'm pretty fond of him and all he has to offer. I think I'll keep him around a while.

6. Speaking of love fest. How is yours going? I have found in nearly 14 years of marriage (can you believe that? I thought only old people were married that long!!!!) that it just isn't the same from day to day. So many things contribute to this relationship. The stress and fun of life, the strain and joy of raising our children, the aspects that money and jobs and all that provide. The foundation is there and always will be. Our committment is immovable. But basically whether or not I like him today, can change. I have to say that I'm pretty lucky, he is a low key guy that doesn't require a lot. Feed him, clothe him and 'you know what' every so often, and he's a happy camper. Well that would be the wrong term, he hates camping. What do you do to keep it fresh?

7. Old....are you old, I'm not old. I was telling my young cousin that's in college and only 19...that B was having his birthday this weekend. She was saying how she can't even image in being 36. Well I'm here to tell ya sista, when I was 19 I couldn't either. But 33 ain't lookin' too bad. And I would never want to go back 19 anyway. It's funny how the head is still the same....but the body...well....

A few questions on my list to ask my maker;

Who decided that the women would carry, bare and then nurse the babies. Do you understand what all that entails. It's all ouchy and I don't think that B's contribution to the process and mine are quite even.

Who thought it would be a good idea for the woman to put on 30+ pounds while carrying this joy and then spend the rest of her life trying to get it off?

Who decided that the 'nursers' would no longer stay in place after the precious joy is on the earth. And what's with the flattening...aren't they supposed to stay a shape that is NOT flatter?

Who decided that my hips would permanently be pushed farther part and stay that way, after baring the above mentioned 'joy'.

Who decided that the joy would then cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed, clothe, house, put in sports, shoes, bikes, electronics, hair products, and then provide and eductions for.

Who had the brilliant idea to let the daddy stay his same body weight for the entire process and then never be the one to be woke up every night by anyone of the previously mentioned 'joys'.

Who decided that these joys would be moody, go through unpleasant phases of mouthiness and would have serious Diva issues about what they wear to church?

Who decided that they would smell bad?

Just wondering, I would like a quiet word with this person, in a room with a door.

8. Hair. Do you have good hair? I have decent hair, but a lot of it. If I didn't have to do my hair, we might be able to sit on one of the soft benches at church, rather than the left over seats at the back. Why do girls with straight hair want curly, and curly girls wants straight. I spend a lot of time straightening out my hair. I cut a lot of it off a while back, and that has cut down on the time factor....but still. How much more would we be able to accomplish if we had great hair....all the time. It's the least we could be provide with, being that we've brought the 'joys' into this world.

9. Spring is upon us, and that means that shorts and capris are being considered. I have an order coming of shorts and capris that I hope are a hit. Why can't we have instant tans as soon as the whether gets warm and the legs being to appear? Cause the white pastiness is not enjoyable, but what's a girl do to?

10. Have you been watching American Idol. I PVR it and watch when I have two episodes taped. One with them all singing and then the next one where someone gets booted. I don't like the suspense. Who do you think will take it? I like David Cook. Got that whole rocker hunk thing goin'. Maybe I'll ask B is he wants to take up the electric guitar....and spike his hair and possibly and little eyeliner. (Those that know my darling love are falling off your chairs imagining the eyeliner I know....can you see it!!??!?!)

Later Gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment