May 9, 2010

Not today...

Today I struggle.  Decisions,  actions and relationships have been made and affected.  Would I change that? Not sure.  I am closer now,  than ever before,  to the person I feel that I really am.  I feel like I'm finally figuring out me.  In that process I have hurt,  I have hurt others,  and I have gained relationships that I will always be grateful for.

Friends have returned,  though they were never lost.  It's been funny to me that high school friends are the ones that have been brought into my life.  Michelle,  Tara,  Judith,  John....you have made a difference in my life.  I look forward to those relationships continuing.

New friends,  also....you guys rock.

Friends from a different life,  I miss you....thanks for the memories. 

Friends that never left,  just needed a minute...thank you for seeing me.

To the mom's in my life.

My own mother,  I love you...we'll figure it out.

To the mother that has stepped in when I needed her,  you'll never know what you mean to me.

To the other mothers....Marilee,  I miss you.

And to all the mom's that I watch and admire and wish I could have pulled it together enough to emulate,  keep it up,  don't give up,  it's tough...but it can be done.

Mother's Day for me is not celebrated today,  it's not my day.....soon though.

To the rest of you,  I'm thinking of you today.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you.

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    And in the words of Sister Marjorie Pay Hinckley:

    "There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again. But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing."

    "I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
    I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
    I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
    I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
    I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
    I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

    "Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, "We are here in mortality, and the only way to go is through; there isn't any around!" I would add, the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."

    : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you today (well, yesterday) and just wanted to say I hope that you are doing ok. hmmm, that kind of sounds like a song or a bad poem with too many rhyming words... maybe :}

    take care - one day at time ~ Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Tiffany...just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and sometimes weep over their responsibility as mothers, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' And it will make your children whole as well." - Jeffrey R. Holland
    Isn't that awesome! He's my favorite. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete