May 29, 2007

~ Birthday boys and new friends ~

So we've had a busy weekend. Thursday night mom and dad came out to take Tyler for his "I get to spend time alone with Grandma and Grandpa" dinner. Then off to choose a gift with them. My children love to have this time with their grandparents. It's fun to be together with all their cousins, but it's a special treat to have Grandma and Grandpa all to your self. Tyler asked me every half hour when they were coming. Tyler had his birthday party on Saturday. His best bud Cole came on Friday to stay the entire weekend, as his parents were headed out of town. Ty and Cole are best friends and love to be together. They play computer games, watch movies, play in Tyler's room, play outside... all the things that best buds love to do together. For Tyler's birthday he had Cole and Ammon over. They went swimming at our local pool. Then home for a movie, pizza and presents. They're three fairly quiet boys. We were eating pizza together at the table, pretty much in silence. I commented to Brian....routy bunch these boys are...that's okay, they're the strong silent type.

Sunday was crazy as always. We headed out to the Boyd's for family dinner in the afternoon. We had nice dinner and visit with them. So great to spend quality time with family. Don and Sheila have just gotten back from a trip out East to visit with his family. We were fortunate enough to all travel to Nova Scotia a few years ago for a Boyd family reunion. I still remember watching my father in law and thinking that I had never seen him as happy as at that moment. The same was still true this time around. He really has a great time with his brother and sisters and their spouses. He came home with a renewed sense of family, and wanting to try harder to make our family closer. Looks like we'll be taking that Nova Scotia trip again in the next couple years, which is great...we love going there.

Monday is my day to get the laundry done and stuff around the house. I'm trying to make my work schedule more set, rather than basically taking up my whole life. So Monday's are 'get this house in order' days. It's now Tuesday and I'm still finishing up what was started on Monday, but it's a work in progress. Visiting Teaching had to be done yesterday as well, so that bit into my time. I have a new friend that really makes the effort to make her Visiting Teaching sisters feel special. I would like to do that as well. So my partner and I are making the effort to not just visit, but to leave our sisters with something each month that will remind them of our message. Nothing fancy...just something.

We have a new Dollar Store that has opened up in town. A really great one, and we're SOOOO excited about it. Pretty sad when the event of the week is wandering up and down the ailes of the new dollar store. It's a simple life we have here in our town. It's also a great place to get those little things to supplement our VT lessons.

We have a new family that has moved into our ward. Kristen and I accosted Missy. We didn't have her new phone number, and actually didn't know which house was hers. They've only been in our town 3 days. So we're walking down the street looking into the windows of all the houses. Kristen remembered that her living room was lower and she had brown furniture, so we were trying to find the house based on that. We were eventually successful and invited them over to our house last night for FHE. We had three families, and a lot of boys...but it was fun, and a great time to start getting to know our new friends better. One of the things I love about being in our town is that we run into people that we know all the time. It gives us a great opportunity to stay in touch, make new friends and organize house parties. With summer on it's way....invite over a friend!

That's it for now. Deciding if I'm going to run this morning. Jack must be growing, he hasn't been sleeping well....and as a result....neither have I. So I'm getting sick. I try to run four days a week, taking off Wednedays because that's Playgroup and it's too hard to run and then try and get everyone ready and out the door. We'll see how I feel after I get Jack down for a nap...maybe I'll nap too.


No comments:

Post a Comment