May 31, 2007

~ Mom Tips ~

So I was thinking today...how come all us mom's, which most of my friends are...why don't we 'share' more often. That new receipe that was great, or awful. A deal that we find at a store, a new idea for the kids...any of that stuff. So I decided to add it as an element on my blog. Send me your tips and tricks and I'll post them.


Some from me....

Recipe


This recipe was in the Kraft Kitchen magazine that I get every quarter. If you aren't subscribed...you should be. It's free, it comes right to your door, and it has tonnes of fabulous recipes. I personally love to cook, and love new ideas.


Prep: 5 min
Ready In: 30 min
Serves: 4

1/4 cup KRAFT SIGNATURE Sundried Tomato and Oregano Dressing, divided

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./ 500 g)

1 tomato, finely chopped

1/2 cup KRAFT 4 CHEESE ITALIANO Shredded Cheese

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves


PLACE large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of barbecue grate; preheat barbecue to medium heat. Pour 2 Tbsp. of the dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.

GRILL chicken on uncovered side of barbecue 6 min. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cheese, basil remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing.

TURN chicken over; place, cooked-side up, on foil on barbecue. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill an additional 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF).


That's the official receipe. I simplified it even further. Simply put the chicken straight on the grill, in fact it was fairly frozen still, then when the one side was cooked...put it over on the tin foil. Poured on some salsa and put on the cheese. Closed the lid and presto chango. It was super yummy. Served with potatoes and salad.


Tip


Did you know that the Spray and Wash Dual Action stain remover...you know the one that squeezes out in two seperate squirters to make one formula....it works on carpet as well. Probably best to test in an area to make sure it doesn't discolor your carpet. Owen had dripped some grape freezy in his bedroom. I sprayed some of that on it, then came back with the carpet cleaner a while later to take care of it, it was totally gone. This stuff has the Oxi Power whatever, and it had completely evaproated. I've used it a lot, cleans too well sometime and shows that the rest of my carpet needs to be washed.


Deal


Coop has Wave Petunia's on sale. A six pack for $9.99. The tag say $12.99 but the flyer and the till say cheaper. That's a deal. Superstore has them on for $3.99 each or 4 for $10.00. They're the bigger ones, but I only need the smaller ones anyway.


Drop me a line with all your tricky mom stuff, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment