May 23, 2007

~ Who knew it was so easy ~

So I've been peer pressured into creating my own blog. Not really, but it seems like it is the thing to do right now. So I'm riding the blogger wave and letting you all get the play by play on my daily boring life.

So what's new and exciting with us...not much....but here's the jist of it. Tyler is 10 year old tomorrow....wow....10. He's turning into a grown up guy lately, with only the rare back peddling to acting younger. Generally he's dealing with day to day life a little better. I can't believe I have a boy who's ten though...someone's getting old and it can't be me.

Last weekend Jason and Joanne came to visit and we had a grand time with them. We always do though. Joanne and I are buds, always have been, always will be. We see eye to eye on so many things....nice to have someone like that. You hardly have to even say a lot, and she knows how I feel about stuff. We had a great girls day... ready about more on her blog fabulous me. I have toes that look exactly the same as that. And since they send home the little sample polish that I used, Sydney and Owen also have toes that look like that. Brian put his foot down when it came to making Owen's finger nails green, he said that he can at least put socks and shoes on his feet so you can't see that the 3 year old boy has green toes that match mommy's!! I figure it's not hurting anything, so why make a big deal out of it.

This week I was down for the count on Tuesday and a bit of Wednesday. A touch of the stomach flu I think. Nothing really serious, just enough to keep me out of my office for a couple days. Nothing wrong with that, always nice to have a break. Since Brian was home for the holiday monday, I was able to get caught up on some work. So I didn't feel too guilty laying around all day on Tuesday. Nothing was so urgent that it couldn't wait. I'm back up and running now. Work has been crazy busy since January. A combination of year end and GST quarters that are all due at the same time. I've had some friends in helping me out. I'm at the point with my business that it is literally impossible for me to get all the work done all on my own. It's nice to be able to make the extra we need at our house, and provide a little work for those around me as well. It's not prestigous work, but it pays decent and I can do it all from home. I'm getting to where I have 4-5 major clients that I have to keep caught up every week. I can do enough for them to make what we need, then the little guys are just gravy. However that gravy is usually what causes the stress, so I'm looking at pawning them off and just keeping my bigger guys. We'll see how the cookie crumbles...it's just a theory for now.

I've been planning and booking our summer holiday. We're taking the kids on a road trip to Vancouver and Victoria. It's a popular place so I've had to get started on booking hotel rooms. It has taken almost two weeks for me to get it all planned out, and find hotels that are both in my price range, and will let four children sleep in the same room. There was one lady in Creston BC that gave me a deal driving there, and again the way home. She said she remember what it was like to try and take the kids on a summer holiday, so she is giving me a rate that is way less than anything else on the whole trip. So nice to find decent people out there. I'm pretty excited about our trip, but we took long road trips all the time growing up. Brian is not all that jazzed about 2 weeks in the van with the kids...but I've tried to break it up that we don't drive more than 3-4 hours per day. Then stop and hit the beach at each place. I'm planning to have lots ready for the kids to do and see. Including a customized road trip manual. Will show you more of that as I complete it.

Well that's it for now. Need to hit the hay as it's another busy day tomorrow...and the big man's birthday. I wake up tomorrow the mother of a TWEEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment