Mar 16, 2008

~ I'm melting....melting ~

You're supposed to read that title of this post and think of how the Wicked Witch of the West said it in the Wizard of Oz. I'm melting....melting. That's how I feel. Melting in a sea of paperwork. Will it ever end? It has to. I'm headed to Regina on April 24th. And then quickly after that to Women's Conference on the 29th. So this all has to be done pronto. As I've said before, there are times that I could walk away from my job.....but then I couldn't go to Women's Conference, because this job is what is paying for my trip.

So anyway.....

1. Why is it that men can lose weight in four seconds and women take four years. Mr. C has lost a bunch of weight lately....(yes buddy, I'm talking about you on my blog). He's K's husband. He just decides that he wants to take some off...and two weeks later he's lost like a bazillion pounds. That's so unfair I can't explain it. I mean, congratulations to you Mr. C....blah, blah, blah. I have to run my a** off, literally....to loose anything, and eat nothing but spinach and and maybe lose 2-3 pounds per month. Unbelievable.

2. Sang in church today. Was asked three days ago to put a numer together for Ward Conference. I'm not a wonderful singer, but I can hold a strong alto note. So I get asked a bit to be in musical numbers. This one was especially difficult. It only changed keys 47 times.....well 6. I was literally shaking I was so nervous. You know you're nervous when not only your hands...but your legs are shaking. I wore my glasses rather than contacts, because last time I sang in church one of my contact went blurry and I couldn't see my music....panic city. So thinking I was so brilliant, glasses it was. Then the problem was that it was like I had bi-focals on. I couldn't have the music up high enough and when I looked down at it, I was looking under my glasses.....OMGosh, I can't win.

3. Does your husband adore you....? I have a friend who's husband adores her. You can tell when he looks at her. It's so sweet.....blah, gag. No, it really is. So it got my friends and I talking. Do our husbands adore us. Not just love, appreciate, want to paw all the time, but adores us? I'll get back to you on that one.

4. Spring clothes, I need some. Any spring clothes I bought last year are now too big. Hurray, and not. I've lost 20 pounds since this time last year, but I also now have to get all new stuff. Hurray I'm smaller and get new stuff.....not, because it costs and it generally frusterating to do that. I've often thought I'd like to have my own designer. I know what I like and what I can wear. There's plenty of stuff out there that I like, but it does not always fit or look good on that mommy of 4 that still would like to take off another 10 pounds. Who's hips were pushed apart and stayed that way with each baby....who holds weight in her legs, but not in her waist. Who doesn't like capped sleeves. Anyone opening a hip mommy store that caters to real sizes, real mom's and really cute?

5. Attended a surprise baby shower for Miss D this week. So fun, mostly because she hated it and wanted to leave the whole time. Not one for surprises, or crowds or all the people sitting and staring at her. Which, of course, made it all the more amusing for me. 3 more weeks....you can do it.

6. Big milestone today. J stayed in nursery all by himself the whole time....no crying. Hallaleha.... (how do you spell that? and read it like the MTC are singing it). I'm still feeling a little lost after being released from Primary, even more so now that I'm childless for 2 hours. Might have to actually attend RS and contribute to the lesson....ahahahahha.

7. Did I mention yummy man night? Miss A suggested that we have a weekly girls night...me and my three pals. Each week we choose a movie that has a yummy male in it. Just too look at, no touching involved. I hosted the first, we watched No Reservations. He had his shirt on the whole time, so disappointing. We've missed a couple weeks with different things going on. Who's turn it is this week? Any suggestions from the blogasphere on a yummy movie to view?

8. Spring...Winter....Spring...Winter. What is it already. Last Monday I sat on K's driveway with my friends watching our kids run around in the sun. I came home to see that the UV rays had been enough that I had extra freckles. Today it snowed and had to wear our winter coats. MAKE UP YOUR MIND. I'm not sure who that demand goes to....Mother Nature I guess. It's time for spring. I'm tired of this. My girls and I have big plans for the summer....let summer get here already.

9. I've discovered that Green Tea pill helps me get past the symptoms of a migraine that I am regularily bothered with. The general off centreness (that's a medical term of course). I have to be careful with those Green Tea pills. I can only take one, but not with my mult-vitamin that also has some GT in it. Because, quite frankly, I get buzzed by it. I had taken two GT pills one morning and was talking to K. She finally asked what was wrong with me, I was talking a mile a minute....which for me is like 10 miles a minute because I naturally talk a lot and fast. To be honest, I was high. So only 1 pill at a time from now on.

10. I'm trying to think of one more point, but I hear screaming and bawling from upstairs. Probably should go see what's happening...and get showers and bedtime started. Why is it always up to me to get that started. Like as if he doesn't know what happens every night. I'm going up there to give him a look....maybe he'll think I adore him : )

No comments:

Post a Comment