Mar 27, 2008

~ What the heck???!!! ~

Yes, if you look at the time of posting...it is correct. It is 12:27 AM and I am wide awake. I even took some 'sleep helpers'....not 'sleep drugs' but 'helpers'. Can't think of the name of them right now....starts with an M....you know. Anyway, they aren't working. Why am I awake, probably because I'm stressed. Why am I stressed....tax season. Why is it tax season....because it's March approaching April. I deal with stress....by stressing, not sleeping and gaining weight. All very produtive activities. Stressing makes me stressed....not sleeping makes me stressed and tired and crabby...and gaining weight, well that just puts me over the top. Stupid tax season.


1.We did so something fun today. A friend of mine told me about a path that leads around a lake that is near by. So we went to check it out. It wasn't too bad. I went with K and her boys. The big boys took their bikes and the little boys were in the running stroller. Was a decent work out and the kids got out and had a good time. S was at a birthday part...at CHUCK E. CHEESE....or as I like to call it... HELL ON EARTH. That place is my worst nightmare. Noisy running children with dressed up adults in giant mouse costumes, and teenage employees that know nothing. I will never have a party there. S informed me that she wants her party there, and that Daddy said he would take her. Great...Daddy can take her, I will not be going.


New headline..."Mother of four bombs local Chuck E. Cheeses"

Can you imagine...me at Chuck E. Cheese anytime, never name right now at stresed out, not sleeping, gaining weigh time..... OMGosh, they would sense my irritation before I even entered the premises. So, to save them, I won't be entering their place of business....EVER.
Moving on.

2.Miss J came to visit this week. So fun to catch up. We had a full gab day and had a great time. We could have gabbed and shopped, but we have 8 children between the two of us. So that's out. Fun, fun, fun...thanks for comin' J....I'll come to you next time.

3.I had a major revelation today. My FIL has a house in the USofA. He goes there quite often during the year to golf. HELLO!!!!!....US shopping. Why are we punished for living in Canada? Nobody will ship to us. They'll ship to Guam, but not to Alberta. Crapola. So I called him up and got his address so I can ship stuff and he can be my pack mule and bring it all home with him. Plus I get to spend more money on my Women's Conference trip because I'll have already started my shopping so I'll have the full allowance....which would be less if I had to buy the three pairs of shoes I ordered from Target today. See my reasoning? : )

Also ordered some great long shorts. Been looking for some cool Bermuda shorts that fit. Hoping these will work. They DO ship to Canada, and at a resonable price even. Check them out, I thought they had some cute selections. Great Length Shorts. So obviously LDS, but whatever, they're long and cute, that's what I wanted.

4. The meal planning has gone down the drain lately, what with the stressing and the weight gaining. My family has been suffering, or so they say. So need to get some new receipes. Nothing inspires me more than the excitement of trying out a new receipe. Got any good ones?

5. We had eye appointments yesterday. I needed my perscription update, so I booked us all to go. Why do I do that? The kids are all off school, so that would be a good time to run them all in for a quick optometric appointment (I know that's not what it's called....whatever) So the quick appointment took 1.5 hours. Seriously. Everyone was having their eyes checked except Mr. J of course. So they have this new machine that takes some sort of picture of your eye, and also apparantly checks your blood pressure. I know this because I had to take the test twice because my pressure was a little high the first time. YA THINK? I'm at the eye doctore with ALL my children and J keeps doing that high pitched scream of his....and IT'S TAX SEASON. But I'm handling this all well. So they make me take this test again. What they didn't tell me was that part of the test is their going to blast some air right into my eye. Like RIGHT into my eye. This machine was so close to my eyeball that is actually ran into my EYE BALL at least twice. Was this the first time this girl had used this machine?!!?! Are you supposed to actually smash into my eye. I thought you were teaching eye safety. So she blasts this air into my eye and straight to my brain...and me, you know...tactful and thoughtful as always. What's my first reaction...??

"Seriously...you could warn a girl!!"

That's what I said to this nice, unsuspecting lady who had myself and my four children trapped in a very small room with a lot of stuff they shouldn't touch. I wonder why my blood pressure was so high.

6. So Mr. O gets up and does a stellar job at putting on the glasses that cover one eye. And naming all the shapes that she shows him. He's a genius you know...and I'm not just saying that as his mother. I guess she ran out of pictures on this little flip chart thing...and she must have started again, becuase this is sort of how it went.

" Duck, dog, house, clock......pause....that's a Duck, and I already said that one."
He gets that attitude from his father.

7. You know the carts at Superstore and Costco that are really wide so they have enough room in them for two kids....are those put out by the Ultimate Fighting Association? Cause they sure cause a lot of fighting for us. It's basically a slug fest between the 18mo and 4 year old. They spend their whole time whaling on each other. And if they're not doing that then J is turned side ways and leaning back on O so that he's squished. Like I want to be shopping with them in the first place, and now people are looking at me. Stupid Carts.

8. I'm getting more and more irritated as I keep writing...I'm venting, bear with me. You all prefer it when I blog like this anyway....

There is nothing more irritating than a Bra that doesn't fit. Like really, what is that thing doing in there that it's moving around so much. I thought I had a good one...granted I've had it for quite a few years and it's been washed a tad. So likely the elastic is shot. I can't believe how mad I can get at this inatimate piece of clothing. That thing can get whipped off in two seconds flat and chucked across the room. This is not a good procedure when you're trying to stop the sluggers from having it out in Costco. So I do try and refrain.

Can you picture it....

"Alright...I've had it!!!!!"

Struggle, struggle, struggle...take it off through the arms of my shirt...you know. Slam it down on the floor, stomp on it and then take a big breath and quitely continue on with my shopping.
I hate that thing. Time for a new one I'd say.

9. Melatonin...that's what the 'sleep helpers' are called. Ya, they're not working.

10. Birthday season. April is the beginning of Birthday Season at our house. O is on the 6th, B on the 12th...S on the 30th...and a million cousins and family in between. It can prove for an expensive month. Mr O is turning 4 next sunday. 4!!! I can't believe that. And Miss S is 8...wow! And to top it off Mr. B is 36!!! Crap that guy is old. I'm nowhere near that age. So O is having a Go Diego Go party. He loves Diego. That guy is a little weird though...O and Diego. Okay I have nothing funny or witty to say about all this...I'm just pointing out that if I seem especially irritated lately, beyond my usual soft spoken lovelyness...it may be because of Taxes, Birthday and a bad Bra. Don't judge me, just love me.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment