Mar 4, 2008

~ Feelin' the Pressure ~

So I'm in the heart of tax season and the pressure is building. So much to do, so little time....and laundry to do besides. I'll get it all done...but my family may not be treated well.

Last night at dinner.

T: Mom can I have 45 cookies for dessert? ( he didn't ask that, but I don't remember exactly what he was asking me for)

Mom: shake my head no.

T: What?

S: She shook her head.

O: She's a sugar head?

S: No Ow, I said SHE SHOOK HER HEAD.

O: Oh...giggle.

Crazy kids.

1. Is there an age range for 'Diva' behavior? Unfortunately for my children, I have given them some of my issues in life. One is how they look. I'm a little specific about how their clothes fit, and how short their jeans are before it's time for new ones. This has bitten me in the butt at times. Like this morning. The laundry is not quite done...or at least the jeans were still in the dryer. So "Miss Thing" was having a tantrum about the jeans she has left in her drawer. Four pairs of jeans in there....like how many do you need to choose from? So we pick up two to find that one really is way to small, and another is a pair of jean capri's. Well those won't do. The next pair I knew I had bought her this year, so those should still be fine. So I tell her to get dressed. She yelling as I leave to keep making lunches "They're going to be too short...they don't touch" That is what she has heard me say. If they don't touch the tops of their shoes, then they're too small and need to be put away/given away. She comes out to prove her point, and yes they're way to small. Fortunately for me, the last pair in the drawer were fine. Sweats and T-Shirts here we come, limited choices, limited fights.

2. Bought a new bike trailer. The one I had was fine for biking and pulling the boys. But I run with mine, and it constantly veers to the left. Very irritating. So they had some at Costco...for half the price of the first one I bought. They had one put together and I was playing around with it. Very seriously considering going to the end of the aisle and running the length just to try it out. I have a long stride and I find that I kick the back a lot. But my embarrassment won out and I didn't do my 5K in Costco. Can you imagine. Pardon me, excuse me, move please....nearly all work out clothing I have is from Costco anyway. I could just grab a couple things, get my run in, and shopping at the same time. Bonus.

3. So I took a break and went to put together that new trailer. OHGosh...I love it. First it's lighter than the other one. Second it folds down and the wheels come off so you can throw it in the back of the van......yahh!!! And next, the front wheel attachment that comes on and off depending if you're hooking it to a bike or not, it locks. Then you can go straight or have full mobility. PERFECT! So I'm pretty happy with my steal of a deal.

4. I've been slackin off in the running dept lately. So busy with work that I'm exhausted. I also prefer to run at night...which isn't facilitated by the exhaustion. So time to get back into it. Why do I run? I've been asked this before. I run because I can. That's my first reason. I've been asked why I enter races, again, because I can. I won't win, I don't expect to. But I can race and that's all I need. Running is therapy for me. Sometimes it's an easy time, sometimes hard. Often it kicks my butt. What I love the most about running is that it always forgives. Once I reached a certain endurance level last year, I've been able to maintain that. I get lazy and avoid it at times and yet when I get motivated again, I can still run for those 10 minute intervals. It surprises me sometimes.

5. There's a new Canadian Running Magazine...so great. www.runningmagazine.ca Just got my first issue today.

6. Okay, so again I took a break from blogging and went for a run with the boys in the new stroller. First of all, it's hard enough running outside for the first couple times, when I've run on my treadmill all winter. Never name pushing 70+ pounds of boys, and whatever weight that stroller is. Holy Cow. It was mostly a walk not a run. The bottom end is feelin' it, let me tell you.

Well that's it, sorry. Nothing witty or offensive today. Maybe tomorrow, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment