Feb 22, 2008

~ Highway thoughts ~

Most of my thoughts this week have been on the highway. I usually only go into the city once or twice a week. By the time Sunday comes....five days in a row I've been in the city. That's crazy.

New hair.... I have new short hair. It was time for a change. I'm getting used to it, I like it....it's not mega short...but shorter than I've had in a very long time. My stylist calls it my new spring hair...and says I should flip it around a lot. I'm not much of a hair flipping find of girl....I do flip other things at times....pancakes, eggs.....birds. : )

1. Children are expensive. This is not a new revelation, but one that I have pounded into me every so often when we need to get some new things. I took T & S to the city yesterday, as they were meeting up with friends to go to a movie. We stopped to look at the new spring clothes that are starting to show up....get their spring/summer wardrobes started. They're both at the point of caring what they wear....those other two boys I have do not care what they wear. This is very apparent when O is brought downstairs by his sister completely garbed out in Princess....

2. As I said....new hair. There is something very liberating about a good hair cut. I love my stylist...she's great. She's been cutting my hair for 8 years. I follow her wherever she goes. She gets me, gets my hair. I have a lot of hair, A LOT!. If you saw me you wouldn't believe. You'd think that it's just normal. That's because you're not watching me sit in the chair having pounds and pounds of hair textured out so that I have some sort of shape to my overly large noggin.

3. Did you know that the apple juice people are on strike. I did not. I inquired at my Wal-Mart why the big huge vat size apple juice that we usually buy have been out of stock for months. The apple juice people are on strike. What is there to go on strike about? The ladders aren't tall enough? The apples aren't red enough? The sun isn't sun shiny enough when they're picking? (these comments are not meant to offend or diminish the very important job of apple juice makers. They are important, especially at our house....but please stop being on strike) So what are supposed to do for apple juice in the meantime? One litres are like a drinking box to my children....we buy it in 4L jugs. Apple Juice makers are on strike....if the Q Tip people go on strike next....life as we know it may halt.

4. I was visiting a loved on in the hospital yesterday. It was a lovely day and we went for a walk to grab some lunch. What the heck are the people in wheel chairs with the IV hooked up doing outside smoking. Why are you in the hospital today my good man? I have lung cancer.....huh, that's a shocker. Like seriously. YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL TO GET BETTER! I know, it's an addiction. Apparently as hard to battle as heroin....or so the guy on Oprah said. But it makes me shake my head.

5. Do you have a good pair of jeans? I was reading a blog about jeans. Having that ultimate pair of jeans that you love, and love you back. They don't have to be expensive, just fit properly. I have a decent pair of jeans. They are not perfect...but for my price point they will do. They're dark, boot cut and lower rise, that's what the What Not to Wear people say I'm supposed to wear for my slightly tall, hour glass...but hold the weight in her legs....figure. So that's what I have. Is there a company who's sole purpose is to make bad jeans...cause there are some bad jeans out there. And there are people wearing them. What kind of jeans do you like? What is your dream pair of jeans? Why is it that life can be more fulfilling if you have a good pair of jeans?

6. Further with jeans....I have often mussed at the fact that everything is acceptable to wear with jeans....everything. Jeans are generally blue, many different shades and such, but blue non-the-less. Not all colors go with blue, and yet everything can be worn with jeans. Just a random thought on my part.

7. Jelly Belly's. My FIL sends home 'grandpa treats', as my children call them. He has to go to Costco to buy stuff for the company...and buys us stuff too. Generally granola bars, fruit snacks....a giant size bag of cheesies that I call and say "What the heck do I need this mondo size bag of cheesies for??". Anyway, he sent Jelly Belly's this time. Those are a gift from the heavens. A burst of scrumptious flavor in one pint size bean....I like the butter popcorn, coffee and cinnamon the best. Brian doesn't like it when we filter through the bag trying to find the kinds we like, throwing back the others. Yum....Jelly Belly's.

8. We took the kids swimming for Family Day this past week. When I told 3 1/2 yr old O that we were going swimming, his face lit up "We're going to the beach!??" .....uh, no. It's February and we live in Canada...have you looked outside lately....we're not going to the beach. He was very distraught that we were not going to the beach...and no matter how much explaining about snow and windchill factors...he wanted to go to the beach. I want to go to the beach too. I think that summer beach days are more fun than Christmas....not so much lead up, but so fun. Laying in the sun watching your kids play in the water and build in the sand....bring on the beach.

9. Girls night.....nothin' better. All mom's need a girls night. I think the church should add a new program to the curriculum. Monday, FHE....Tuesday, Activity Night....Friday, Girls night. This world would be a better place if all mom's had a weekly girls night with their pals. In fact I think world peace could be attained. You think it's men that are causing the wars and turmoil in the world. For he most part it generally is...but why? Because their wives have not had adequate girls nights and they're taking it out on them. It's not borders or politics or money. It's men that have stressed out wives. I'm going to approach the UN.

Dear Mr. Speaker,

Do you understand the term Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I'd like to further add....Happy Boy, World Joy.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment