Feb 17, 2008

~ Change ~

Change....do you like it, or not? I'm usually fine with change. It's good to shake things up a little. I was released as the Primary President in my ward today. I've served there for 2 years...and it's been a heavy calling. Our primary is big......big!! So the new girl will be great....different than me, as she's nice to people, but great.

So where am I now?? Nowhere...nothing to report. That's fine with me. I'm excited to go to SS and RS and actually start learning again. I feel like my knowledge has been paused for the last two years.

What are you all up to this long weekend?

We're still deciding. I want to go sledding with the kids...but there aren't any good hills in our town. We'd have to drive into the city. That likely won't happen, so we're still thinking about it.

My 10 points to ponder have been lacking lately....I thought I'd bring them back from the dead.

1. The Secret. I've watched the Oprah's shows about this, watched the video, I didn't ever read the book. Sounds great to me...think positively and everything will be attracted to you. We in the church tend to call all this by different names, but it's essentially the same. I often wonder though, if you think about something long enough and it will come to you, does that happen for the bad stuff too. What if my biggest fear is losing my husband. If I think about that too much will it be attracted to me and he'll be killed on the highway. They only ever seem to talk about attracting the good stuff....point to ponder.

In the meantime.....what are you attracting to your life with your thoughts?

Me.....

10 pounds less on the scale - it's only 10. It's not like I'm thinking 50. Come on laws of attracting.....attract the last 10 pounds off my bottom.

2 minutes less for my 5k time

Mini cooper, mini cooper....I want one of those mini coopers.

Everyone that talks about the laws of attraction seems to have Oprah on their vision board.....so fine. I want to be on the Oprah show, not sure why I'd be there, but add her to the list.

Clean house, with no effort from me, I would like the laws of attractions to attract the toys off the floor and the laundry into the drawers.

I already attracted that guy, but does he have to be so attracted to me all the time. Give it a rest for a minute buddy, I appreciate that you like me...but my eyes are actually up a little further.

2. I'm confused by the whole health food, organic food thing lately. I'm supposed to eat more fruits and vegetables because they're good for me and give me anti oxidants. But only the organic ones because the regular ones have pesticides on them and give me free radicals? So I'm supposed to eat apples or not? Goin' back to doritos...no pesticides on them.

3. I was never allowed to hang out at the mall. I've been doing it a bit lately as my gals and I have eaten there a couple times waiting for the movie to start. What are all those kids doing at the mall exactly? Sitting around. I am finally in a place in life that it doesn't matter who does or doesn't see me at the mall. I'm invisible there, 30 something mommy isn't exactly on the radar of the homies. So I can really watch people. There are weird people at the mall. Seriously, did you do your hair like that, it's right in your eyes. You can't see anything....but wow you sure look cool : {

4. Skinny pants. I don't get them. They look they've been painted on. How do they get them over their feet. Are they stretchy...like updated stirrup pants? I've been relieved to see that only the size 1 girls have been wearing them, they are definately a pant for a certain body type. When you take them off do they shrink into barbie sizes and then stretch again when put on the next time? Skinny pants....I don't get them.

5. I'm going to Women's Conference with my pals. The greatest thing about WC last time around...besides the upliftment and all that......the concert. That William Joseph guy was there the last time. He hadn't quite hit it big yet. I didn't know who he was. The other 20000 women in the Marriott Centre did. You'd think Brad Pitt had walked in. I think it's hilarious that 20000 married mommies are screaming for this 25 year old guy. What exactly are we screaming about, I include myself, it's riot mentality...you get caught up. Are we screaming cause he's so hot, he was. Or that he's so young and hot? Did we think he was going to pick one of us for something. What if he picked me was I supposed to swoon and sit beside him on the piano bench. What ever we were screaming about, it was pretty fun. Will be screaming again this year....bring on Brad Pitt.

6. Red Wagon. Monthly Visitor. Flow came for a Visit. No matter what you call it, I think if you're done having children it should stop. Dear Creator, I've populated as much as I choose to...I am no longer in need of the cramps, bloating, mood swings, water retention, weight gain and cravings. Thank you very much...my children are beautiful and I appreciate the ability that I was given to provide life. However I am no longer in need of the ability....please take it back.

7. Speaking of that....what the heck. There is no down time. One week of egg descent...one week of PMS, one week of the whole meal deal, then another week to get back into your jeans. That seems like a cheap deal.

8. The writer's have come to a deal. Fantastic. Only 6-8 more weeks for them to spit out the good shows again, right in time for the seasons to end. They better have some good stuff next year. I no longer need to watch beauty queens cry about how beautiful they are.

9. Why do all the shampoo commericals say that their products 'make your hair healthy looking'. Is it really healthy, or just healthy looking. Anybody can be healthy looking, put a little tan and a glow to their cheeks and they're healthy looking. So is my hair really healthy or not? After all, hair is already dead....how healthy is that? And who flips their head around like that anyway....you'd give yourself whip lash. They're all running and playing volleyball with their hair down and shinylicious. Whatever....pull it up and and hold it back with bobbi pins. Give me some more pesticide doused apples, maybe I'll be healthy looking.

10. Family Day. I'll tell you what would be a good family day....one where Brian and I are off and the kids have to go to school. That is a very healthy day for our family. Brian can stay home witht he kids and I can go shopping....that's good carma for our family. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment