Aug 5, 2008

~ New Blog Items ~

So I read, this is not a revelation....I am capable. I read a fair bit. I notice that lots of people lately have a listing of the books they've read, or are reading. Well I'm going to copy.


I read for entertainment, and escapism....which is a word I've recently learned. But I'm not generally one to just pick up a book, and especially not buy one just to try. I hate forcing myself through the first couple chapters and then giving up on it, especially when I've paid actually dollars for it. I have a monorific (that's good, the library does not actually have mono) library here in my town. They'll bring in any book I request.

Also, books have been on the forefront in my mind since Anonymous left this comment. This is way better than the last Anonymous comment that was left, if you remember that little cat fight.

Anonymous said...
I was wondering if you have ever considered writing for a career? You are an excellent read! Your writing is very dynamic, funny and wraps up very nicely. I would love to read a novel written by you and many people agree. I have a friend who is an author who accidentally found your blog and is intrigued with your abilities. You have a talent, you should use it and show it off. Just a thought.


Can you believe that??!?!?!!

First of all....thanks Anonymous. That's very flattering and caused a bit of thought on my part this week. Some of you are laughing at the possibility of this. Thinking, I can't keep two thoughts straight, never named a novel. Other's are thinking....ooooooohhhhhh ya, a whole book trashing people and the stupid things they do and say. So it's something I've been mulling this week. Not the possibility of it, cause I just don't really see it happening. But the idea of exploring my horizons and all that jazz.

Oh, and all you cynics out there that think that

a. I wrote that comment myself on my own blog.

OR

2. Joanne wrote it, cause she likes me = )

It was an actual comment, deal with your issues.

So rather than think I'm going to be some best selling author. Cause lets face it, I only talk about my own life and criticize the lives of those around me. I don't know that I have an actual story going on. I'll keeping thinking about it. (k focus)....so rather than think I'm going to be a best selling author (yes I know I said this already....I'm re-focusing).....so rather than think I'm going to be a best selling author, I thought I'd start by reviewing, trashing and generally giving my opinions on the books I'm read, reading or started and hated.

This is not an impressive list to the avid reader. As I said I read for escapism (I'm going to use that new word a lot now) and I read for entertainment. I don't usually read things that take a lot of thought, cause I don't need anymore thoughts in my head.

That was a lot of slobber just to get to this part.

So, here are a couple of the books that I've read this summer.

Dum, dum, dum, dummmmmmmmm (bugle call please) Oh, and I'm not giving some huge review with spoilers and moldy parts (you know, spoiling and moldiness). I liked it or I didn't. And I don't mind books with some language and inappropriateness. Cause I'm generally inappropriate and am known to use language, hello, I have a blog. That's language. But I may also use the other kind, from time to time, when needed and required, to emphasize my points. Read it or don't, I really won't lose sleep over it. There might even be (gasp) sex in the book. Those are usually the best ones. Anyway, don't judge me....I'll read what I want. (I'm a little snappy today.....sorry, it's summer, the kids are home all day, everyday, and they don't leave)


The Girls by Lori Lansens

This book is about conjoined twins.

I liked it.

Do you want more than that? Cause I wasn't really planning on more.
I liked it, what more is there to say.




The Final Detail by Harlan Coben

Loved these.


Very modern murder mysteries.

I laughed out loud a couple times.


What's the most funny though, this was lent to me by my MIL. Makes the transvestite cross dressing content even funnier.



k, there were more but the picture uploading takes a long time.
On my list, don't know if they'll be good or bad. Why are they on my list, mostly because they are on other people's lists...and again, don't usually pick up random books.

The bean trees : a novel by Kingsolver, Barbara.

The blooding of Jack Absolute by Humphreys, C. C. (Chris C.)

Breathing room by Phillips, Susan Elizabeth.

Briar Rose by Yolen, Jane

The bright side of disaster : a novel by Center, Katherine.

The capture by Lasky, Kathryn

Feathers by Woodson, Jacqueline.

The five people you meet in heaven by Albom, Mitch

The history of love by Krauss, Nicole.

Home to Big Stone Gap : a novel by Trigiani, Adriana.

If you come softly by Woodson, Jacqueline.

The kite runner by Hosseini, Khaled.

Losing Gemma by Gardner, Katy

Love walked in : a novel /by De los Santos, Marisa

The lovely bones : a novel by Sebold, Alice.

Madapple by Meldrum, Christina.

The magic of ordinary days by Creel, Ann Howard.

March : a novel by Brooks, Geraldine.

The midwife's apprentice by Cushman, Karen.

Palace council by Carter, Stephen L.

Pigs in heaven by Kingsolver, Barbara.

The poisonwood bible : a novel by Kingsolver, Barbara.

Princess Academy by Hale, Shannon.

Resistance : a novel by Shreve, Anita

Sarah's quilt : the novel of Sarah Agnes Prine and the Arizona territories, 1906 /by Turner, Nancy E.

The secret scripture : a novel by Barry, Sebastian

Okay that's it. The list is way longer but it's taking forever to format all the stuff out that copied when I copied and pasted the list from my library listing. Like, this isn't supposed to be an irritating task.
So, in a cashew shell ( I know the phrase is nutshell, I don't like to conform)
I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment