Aug 1, 2008

~ Summer Part 1 of 2 ~

July is done, can you believe it?~?~ Only 28 more days of each joy in my life (a.k.a my children) being home every day, fighting everyday, making messes everyday complaining of eternal boredome....everyday. Only 28 more days....I wonder if there will still be four monkeys in my family in 28 days, or if will have chosen selective reduction as a coping tool.

What did we do for the first month of summer? Here are some of the occassions that warranted a picture. There were many other activities that the camera was not brought out. Most of the activities shouldn't have a camera appear....in fact some of those activities might involved the calling of children's services...so I won't show you all that stuff, just the good stuff that makes me look like a wonderful mother that plans fun and educational activities for her children for the summer break.

Well there was a trip to the zoo. I think this was done before summer actually began, but hey....we were outside, and present as a family. It counts. I couldn't find the pictures I took there. Which is irritating, because there was a good one of me. And really, the kids get pictures taken of them all the time, but how often is there a good one of me....?? = )

Then there was our first camping trip with 'the girls'. This is my generic term for the amazing gals that live in my town, and keep me sane. They understand my quirks and quips, they put up with my constant need to exaggerate every story and detail. (This is of course ridiculous, I always relay events in their true and original fashion.....K really did spoon with me that time, against my will, I might add) Anyway......we really did camp with more than just my children, but it would seem I only have pictures of my own kids.



This is T trying to avoid getting his picture taken.....ha ha, he has to come up for air at some point.We had two weeks at home trying to catch up on life, and further liquidate my company. Basketball camp and making a purchase.

So the converstion went like this:

Me: Hey mom, so we have an announcement.

Mom: Oh??!!

Me: Yep, we can't hide it any longer

Mom: silence

Me: Drawing out the silence for effect.

Me: We bought a tent trailer.

Hhahahahaha, she totally thought I was announcing that I was pregnant. Gotcha! First of all, I never plan to announce that I'm pregnant again. For those of you that don't know us personally, we're done having kids, for those that do know us personally....we're done having kids. Should a time ever occur that there is any sort of announcement that I'm pregnant, this was very unplanned and completely my husbands fault. Just pre-warning you.

So we.....correction I bought a tent trailer. My husband does not enjoy camping. I love camping. My husband does not enjoy making spontaneous large purchases, I don't have this problem. My husband does not like debt, I don't either but I think that sometime a small amount of debt that has a pay off plan in place is okay. Especially when there isn't any other debt.

Anway, meet the tent trailer. I love it, B hates it....he can suck it up and deal with his issues. ...that was said with love and kindess = )


T, my best bud ever, who lives far away from me and we only get to see each other maybe once a year. And more importantly, only get to shop together once a year, came for the weekend. We gabbed and gabbed the whole time. Did we take pictures of our children together, no, we gabbed. So we're driving back to the city, and have to pull over for a big house that is driving by so I jump out and take pictures of her kids to prove she really did come to visit me.



B had holidays this week. It started with trip to Heritage Park.

Then the first camping trip with the new trailer. I loved it, B hated it....this is becoming a common theme. We camped with our great friends at their lake that they have a permanent spot at. Our kids love to be together. They had a rousing game of chicken in the pool. We sat on the side and laughed at them.....so fun!

Yes, look at my baby's face.....stay tuned for that lovely story.

No comments:

Post a Comment