Aug 28, 2008

~ What's for Dinner? ~

September is a whole new year for our family. "New Years" resolutions usually come in September rather than January. The kids are back to school and life gets busy and scheduled.

So I'm starting a new segement - like as if I get ratings or something - called What's for Dinner. I enjoy cooking, and think I'm pretty good at it. I try to cook from scratch every night and make nutrition and delicious meals. The kids don't always like everything, but you can't win every time. So the goal this month is to not cook the same thing twice...except Friday Pizza Night.

It's a lofty one, even for me.

Half the difficulty with menu planning is not having any new ideas to try. You get in a rut of the same 5-6 meals over and over. I love to try new recipes, my family doesn't always like it, but tough luck for them.

So to start out, I thought I would list what we've had for dinner this week and hope that it inspires all to try something new. It's not always fancy, but it's food.

Monday - BBQ Hamburgers

Tuesday - Ward Party - no cooking

Wednesday - BBQ Chicken, steamed Carrots and Beans (from my garden!!) potatoes dipped in Ranch Dressing.

Thursday - Meat Loaf & Stuffed Mushrooms

Friday - Pizza

Meat Loaf

One pound of raw ground beef
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper
Mix together and put into loaf pan.
1 Hours @ 350

Stuffed Mushrooms

As many fresh mushrooms as you want
Pull out the stems and dice
Saute the stems in some butter
Pour in bowl and mix with 1/2 - 1 cup of bread crumbs and shredded cheese.
Stuff the mushrooms with mixture. Mound up as much as you can and then top off with some more shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and mushrooms start to turn brown.
This isn't a low fat recipe, but way yum.
I was out of breadcrumbs today and didn't want to make any from scratch. So I ground up some ritz crackers in the food processor. Um....can you say YUM!
Why are there no pictures of all these creations?! Don't press your luck sista.

No comments:

Post a Comment