Nov 28, 2008

~ Too much.... ~

There are some really great ideas out there for the 12 or 25 or 500 days of christmas. I've seen on a few blogs I frequent that those crafty mom's are wrapping little gifts or envelopes for their children to open each day for a special christmas activity. One site had a little gift for each day. Dollar store type stuff, but still. Now these are wonderful ideas. Super Mommy's for sure. But I have 4 children. If we did the 12 days of Christmas with little gifts, that's 48 little gifts. Now you're thinking, does the little guy really need stuff too? Not really but are you going to be the one that deals with the tantrum when all his siblings get a little something and he gets nothing? He's caught onto this family, he knows when he should be getting something as well. Even if it's just a drink of water. He wants a part in the party. So I'll keep thinking. I like Amy's Christmas Bucket idea the best so far. One big bucket, 12 envelopes....encompasses all the children. Will think on that one a little longer. Fortunately 12 Days of Christmas doesn't start until December 13th. So I have a minute or two.

What fun things are you doing for your children this season? Can you believe it's November 28th? Crapola. Where did the year go!

1. Dropped of the two monsters at Grandma B's today and had a couple hours to myself to tackle the mega list. I believe that the entire population was at Costco. Seriously!! Good thing I was on my own and not in a real hurry. That place was a mad house. We're headed to the mega mall after Christmas, so the kids aren't getting the usual ridiculous haul that they are accustom. I've tried to keep it in check as they'll be doing some shopping. but I have tried to make their stockings a little more than Dollarama Wonderland. So really, I haven't saved any money. What ever I've saved on gifts, I've spent on stocking stuffers. The kids are old enough this year that they want CD's. One is getting a CD, the other a gift card because the CD he asked for had a provocative cover and....well, I don't think so. I've looked into the Artists and the songs and lyrics are fine...don't know what they were thinking with that picture though.



2. Does Santa bring shoes? What do you think? Mr. T wants some name brand shoes. We shopped for them before and they were nearly $100....again, I don't think so. However I was able to track down a pair at http://www.boardzone.com/ for $60. Decent deal. Plus the kid hasn't given me a single idea for Christmas other than the provocative CD. So Sant a is bringing him the pair of shoes he wants.

3. I would like to pass on an incident of Vandalism as reported on Facebook. It seems that this house was shamelessly vandalized in the late hours of November 27th. Culprits are still at large. If anyone has any info on who would do such a terrible crime, keep it to yourself. These culprits don't need to be caught, they have enough sins to repent of. Freezing to death in the dead of night while trying to hook on a sign and balloons with ill prepared materials should not be one of them. That is a lovely sign they used, such nice bold letters. Laser printed did you say? Wow. And the balloons, they didn't cheap out there either. Must have taken a lot of wind to blow all those babies up. I don't know anyone that is long winded...or anyone'S. All of N's friends are quiet and unassuming and in their bed on cold winter nights.





4. And yes, as indicated by the Vandalism...this mama's babies are home. Three weeks old and chubby little monkeys. Well little anyway, not very chubby. But great weights for a threesome. We've packed out sleeping bags and toiletries, we will now be moving our residence to this Vandalized home. We'll all be spending a great deal of time there helping out with the little munchkins. And we're all happy to do so!


5. Three words - Ice Ice Baby. It was hair cut night tonight. I cut all boys in the house, including the dad. Mr T likes to have some highlights after his cut. Sit on down, cut and color my boy. Usually no big deal. Mix it up, put it on....10 minutes. Makes the hair slightly lighter on top...nothing major. This night however, I may have gotten distracted and the timing may have been off. Let just say, my son is now a blond....all on top. Had to put more on the sides just to even it out a little so he didn't look like a skunk. Nice. Grandparents should be impressed when they come to O's choir concert tomorrow night. Heeeh heee.....oops. We will be re-naming today.... The Day my Mother forgot to Watch the Clock.

6. Had my first experience with an Amish Friendship Loaf. Received a 'start' at Stake Auxillary Training a couple weeks ago. The instructions say to leave this bag of goo on your counter and mush it from day to day. Then add more stuff, specifically milk, don't refrigerate, and let it 'grow' on your counter for 10 days. The mix edible stuff into it, make more bags to give to your friends, bake up your own loaves....and eat up. I was skeptical. How good can milk that has sat in flour and sugar on your counter for 10 days be? I'm here to tell you.....YUM!

7. Went Visiting Teaching today. Took a bag to each of the Friendship Loaf. Nothing says 'Thinking of You' like a bag of fermenting goo.

8. Costco taste table today had a lovely smelling apple cidar. Asked the nice lady how she made it. Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon. Quantities to be determined. It was Heavenly.

9. O: Mom, how do you get married? Does a boy ask a girl to dance and then you're married?

Mom: Yes O, that's how it works.

10. One more from O.

We're driving to....um....I can't remember where we were driving, to the city, for some reason. Anyway, O falls asleep for about half hour. Wakes up and proudly announces.
I'm awake now mom, and ready to roll!
Okay then....thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment