Jan 22, 2009

~ Belated Birthday ~


S reminded me that I didn't post any birthday adventures. There weren't many adventures. I'm 34, and not afraid to say it. Well, a little afraid to say it cause 40 ain't lookin' so bad now.

Birthday festivities began with cleaning the office. Fun...I know. The office in our house is a large bedroom in the basement that currently holds six computers. Why? Well hub has always been very protective of 'his' computer. When we had one computer is was a fight all the time over whether the kids could play on it, cause he didn't like them downloading crap. Then when I started working more and needed more time, I got my own computer. And over the years as we've upgraded or hubs work has upgraded computers we've accumulated more and more. I have my current computer and two unplugged ones under my desk. I'm supposed to be clearing off anything pictures or digital scrapbooking or whatever off these so that we can get rid of them or give them away. Cause I have so much free time. Anyway....office. I spend a lot of time in here....my treadmill is also in the office. It's a big room. So it gets messy.

This isn't actually my office, but anyone that has been in here can tell you that it's not far off. So......birthday morning hub and I cleaned the office. It took a while. Then there was laundry and house cleaning because the MIL was coming to watch the kids so we could go out. Then, we actually went out. Like right out of the house dressed up and makeup on. We were headed to dinner with the fam. But first Costco cause I had a list and it's my birthday so we get to go to Costco if I want to.


Gifts. Not many. The wireless card from hub, and a new big....BIG monitor for my work computer. $$$ from the mom and MIL. And then there was this little gift from K&C.


Earlier in the month K gave me a new Brita filter. Not as a gift to me but as a gift to her. She had been to my house to eat once, and our Brita didn't have a lid because we'd put it in the dishwasher and it got warped. Still worked though, so no need to waste. She was irritated by this and bought me a new one. She has OCD....Brita OCD. So lovely, we have a pretty new Brita. Then this is what I get for my birthday. You think....oh nice, completing the gits. No no. I was asked a while back if I had a filter and whether it was turned on. You remember, the filter in my head. K&C have decided my filter must be broken because I often shock them with what comes out of my mouth. So they gave me new filters......ha ha ha (and not funny ha ha, sarcastic ha ha).

Both of your birthdays are coming , I'll think of something......beware!

That was the birthday, not very entertaining. And turning 34, also not very entertaining. Especially when I watch Oprah and she says that soon I'll need Bio Identical Hormones cause I'm getting so old. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment