Jan 30, 2009

~ What a Week! ~

Why is it that so many many aspects of one girls life can collide in a single week. Wow.

Stress has not been my friend this week. It's fought against me, robbed me of sleep and caused a slightly upset stomach that has led to 6 pounds lost. That's right....it was that kind of week. I run like a 7 yr old boy from a pack of girls and see maybe 1 pound a month. But this week....6 pounds. However, I've decided it's not the recommended way to get the jeans to fit. So if this post is rambling and disconnected, less than thought provoking and slightly confusing....well go away then. Oh, and I'm a bit grumpy. Just FYI.

1. We were supposed to fly with my brother today. He's training to be a pilot so I can travel the world. I know that was his top priority when he decided on this long and expensive school process. "What can I go into that will benefit T the most". It's what all people should think when making major decisions in their life. But it was really windy last night, and though I thought that it had died down enough this morning....he says the gusts are the problem.

2. I find that gusts are the problem in many aspects. Going along all nice and steady and then swept off your feet for no reason. Don't know where that came from, why it knocked me over....but here I am picking myself up and hoping that I'm stronger for the next gust.

3. Did you ever go to EFY? For those of you not knowing what that is...well skip this cause I don't have the energy to explain. Did you go? I went twice. Once with J....remember reading the ingredients of toothpaste J?....so fun. How many times can two girls lock themselves out of a room. Then again a couple years later. Wasn't as great the second time. Expectations were to high from having such an amazing run the first time around. Anyway, it's EFY registration time around here again. My boy isn't old enough yet, but do I ever remember how life changing it was. How fun, how great.....how many boys. Yes, EFY.

4. It's funny now to talk to current friends and find out they were at the same events as I was growing up. How come people cross your life at the time they do, rather than earlier. A question on my list of questions. Even hub. Lived close our whole lives, have grandparents that lived a block apart in a very....very small town...never met. Guess the time wasn't right. Who decides when the time is right? Another question to ponder.

5. Brother is returning to China. He's been there for 6 years. Come home for six months and he's going back. I guess we're too white and fat for him. That's what he said to us the first time coming back from there. How come you guys are so fat? Well.....nice to see you too. He realized later that we're not fat, we're Canadian. Eat a little beef and potatoes in China buddy. Anyway, he's returning. I'm jealous. Love the hub, but when you get married young you miss out on some life adventures. I'll still have those adventures later, but to be young and no ties....and because I am constantly sick with a travel bug. I want to go to China. He'll be there a while, hopefully we will visit.

6. Got those new runners I was hoping for at Christmas. Mizuno's...never heard of them. But I guess they're what I need. High arches, duck walk, thin feet. Wasn't the most self esteem provoking assessment.

Nice man: "Stand there, bend your legs and let me watch how your feet support you...has anyone ever told you you're a bit duck footed".

ME: " Has anyone ever told you that you have a big head?"

Anyway, new shoes. So light, great support. I also have fancy socks now. No more sweaty feet for me. I know....thank you for the visual. Glad to accommodate.

7. Proposed to this week. Sitting at breakfast minding my own business. Get a sly little smile from a boy....

O: "Mom will you marry me?"

Mom: "Yes, O...I will"

O: "Oh wait, you can't....cause of dad"

Mom: "Ya, that dad messes up my best plans"

Mom: "Can I be your girlfriend?"

O: Hiding his embarrassed grin and only two shiny eyes showing over his arms...." Okay"

Love that boy.

8. Woke up this morning to find a note on my side table from a little girl at my house.

"Dear Mom....I'm eating pizza downstairs. But I have a plate and a cloth, so I won't make a mess...and I'll put it in the dishwasher when I'm done...Promise."

I find that boys don't write little notes like this....just an observation on my part.

9. Trying to convince my friend that they should go on a trip with us. You know....be our travel friends. They fit all the criteria. We'll stay close to the America's in case we're attacked, we'll take extra mace and machine guns and have the boys patrol the beach. I can get you your own CIA...WCB...NSA...whatever you want.....she's resisting my attempts. Something about new teeth.

10. Finished ready The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Interesting. A view of the Holocaust from the perspective of a nine year old boy. Thought provoking, a movie now too I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment