Jan 16, 2009

~ One week Down ~

(I composed this post last week, and had inteneded to add my ever popular list of 10 points to ponder. However I didn't get it done. So here's the post, sans 10 points.)

One week down in 2009, only 51 more to go. It's been a crazy week. My resolve to give more time to me has failed, again. My time has been spent taking down Christmas, which still is not completely done, getting the kids back onto their schedules, running (that's a point for me), working and playing with my new gadgets.

Okay, I guess playing with new gadgets can count as 'me time'.


My cell plan is renewing March, but in a play to keep my business my provider sent me a letter offering me a 'golden opportunity' to get a free phone. This is ideal timing as it seems I have lost my other phone. I thought it was buried in the depths of my family assault vehicle, but I've looked and can't find it. And it's dead, so I can't call it either. Luckily I have a work cell that people have been using, but I don't like that phone. So.....got a new phone. And it's fancy, and I don't really know how to use it....



ooooooohhhhh......aahhhhhhhh.....


I know what you're thinking, if you already have way too many people calling, texting and emailing you...why would you get the mother of all mobile communication tools? Well that's a simple answer, I'm a techno geek. I love electronics. Also on my list of new gadgets is this....a B-Day gift from hub.Again, I know what you're thinking...."Wow, that guy goes all out!!.....???"


It's what I wanted though. This little babey allows me to lay in my bed at night and surf, blog and email to my hearts content. I have an old laptop, but it's still chugging so this is the kind of wireless connection I need. So between the laptop and Blackberry, basically my family will never see me again.


In fact, I'm such a bad mother than after reading a story to Mr O last night...I'm laying in the dark waiting for him to fall asleep....while playing on my Blackberry.


O: "Mom I can't sleep with that light shining on me"


Me: "Close your eyes and you won't see it."


I know, mother of the year award.

No comments:

Post a Comment