Apr 18, 2011

Puzzling...

I was sleeping the other night,  and then not.  It was too hot,  why was it hot at 1am,  I don't like it hot when I'm sleeping.  I like a crisp cool room with me warm and snuggly.  I remember thinking....why would it be hot, the heat should have turned down.  Then at 3 Mr. J wandered in looking for a snuggle,  and again....why is it so hot up here.  So I snuggle in a boys size bunk bed with a boy size boy...wondering if someone touched the heat earlier.  Mr J fell asleep,  I went back to the mom size bed.  Mr. J wandered in again,  so I set him up on my floor and went to check the heat.   Go downstairs,  it's freezing.  What?!?  Did a window get opened?  Check the windows...nope,  nope.  Turn around and here is our front door,  at 3 am,  wide open.  WHAT THE HECK!?!?!  Heat is on constantly trying to warm the main level,  which is quite literally trying to heat the outside,  and not in a mom yelling from the kitchen for a kid to close the door way.  Really, we were trying to heat the outside.  

Then I get a little panicky.  We live in a safe neighborhood...have an RCMP dude that lives next door.   Okay,  focus.  It's snowy,  (grumble grumble)  are there any footprints on the front step that would indicate someone has been in our house?  No,  none.  Are all the children's shoes still there...maybe one has escaped in the night.  6 children's shoes accounted for.  Do we have 6 children here?!  Check the kids rooms, and beds....yes.  Only one missing,  but he was supposed to be missing....the the 6 we brought are still here.

Weird.  Of course, once we are no longer trying to heat the outside,  the heat in the house evens out.  C was already awake with the J man wandering in so many times. 

"The front door was completely open!"
"WHAT?!  What do you mean?"  (not sure how I could have said that any more clear)

"The front door,  wide open...it was freezing downstairs and that's why its so hot up here,  the heat has been going constantly since 11pm."

The only thing we can figure,  is I went to pick up CC and must not have pulled the door closed all the way.  She had opened a window upstairs a bit,  and that must have altered the air pressure in the house and pulled the front door open a bit more.  

Regardless,  wide open front door in the middle of the night,  likely not the safest venture,  and not friendly to the heat bill either.

Sheesh.

1 comment: