Apr 23, 2009

~ Laugh Often ~


The blog has a new title....as you've likely noticed. Three aspect of my life that I think are important.

Eat well, Laugh Often, Love Much.

Today we shall look at laugh often. Papers and pencils out please, turn to page 10 of your workbooks.

Wikipedia - Laughter is an audible expression or appearance of happiness, or an inward feeling of joy and orgasmic stimulation (laughing on the inside). It may ensue (as a physiological reaction) from jokes, tickling, and other stimuli. Inhaling nitrous oxide can also induce laughter; other drugs, such as cannabis, can also induce episodes of strong laughter. Strong laughter can sometimes bring an onset of tears or even moderate muscular pain.

Okay then....if I'd have known that's what it was.....I think I'll avoid it. Seems it's not all what I had previously assumed....and sounds also slightly uncomfortable and moderately invasive. Didn't realize that drugs were involved in laughter, learn something new everyday.

So why do we laugh? Most often it's at people who think they're funny. At least that's me. Many in my family think they're hilarious....one in particular...who shall remain nameless....but starts with an L and is a boy. I laugh at him...he thinks he's funny....I laugh AT him...

Another reason people laugh may be because the situation warrants it. You don't want to hurt their feelings. After all, they're trying to be funny, though possibly not achieving. This has also happened to me, see previous point to pinpoint the person......who shall remain nameless.

Now there are the rare times that the conversation, action or result of acting is actually funny. But that doesn't happen much....mostly I'm still laugh AT him...not WITH him.

And finally.... I laugh because people look funny. Plain and simple....if you look funny, I will laugh at you....no worries.

Thus (yes Jason, I said Thus) ends our lesson on the importance of laughing (at your brother) next week we'll learn about laughing at people who really are funny.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you lucky to be related to such a great source of blog inspiration? I'm lucky enough to be married to one! I always knew I'd marry a man who would make me laugh, just never thought it would be because he's so easy to laugh AT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, that L guy is starting to sound familiar, do I know him? He sounds like a great guy and you should probably send him cash in unmarked bills!

    ReplyDelete