Jun 28, 2010

Patience my Pretties...

You'll all dying for the definition of "wave of change"...well keep holding your breath,  cause I ain't spillin it yet.  There is another wave,  and I have to ride that before I can let you know the results.

In other news.  It's moving week.  Blah. We have been house sitting in Cochrane since Dec 1,  while there we decided to stay and build a house.  There are three weeks between when the house sitting is done, and the new house is ready.  I've told you all this before,  keep your panties on.  So we're leaving our stuff in the garage of the current house,  staying at my Aunt's while they are on vacation,  then moving into the new house on the 21st.  Which means...moving now,  and then again.  Groan...  You'd think that we didn't have a lot of stuff in this house,  maybe clothes and bathroom stuff, and food.  Seems we've got a little more than I thought.  Anyway,  we're packing and moving and it's dumb,  but for a good cause.

House update - they finished painting and tiling this week....floors next.  Also likely to get our driveway poured.  I drove by yesterday and two houses down the street had brand new driveways...I think we're next.

Have you been watching America's got Talent?  Well, America does not have Talent,  however they do have issues.  Who let's those people out of their houses?  The hand whistling lady was funny...but the weird eyes too wide guy with the changing masks....st-range!  Kite flying kid....good,  inspiring even.  That looks like something I'd like to try.

Update #2

I wrote all that Friday...didn't post it would seem.

So since then,  we have packed and cleaned the house.  What a job.  Seriously.  That house is just way too big for what we need,  therefore way to much space to clean.  And kids,  why do they put their finger prints everywhere?   We're exhausted,  but part 1 is finished.  Loaded up the vehicles with our clothes, and camping gear.  Why?  Are we camping for three weeks while we wait for the house?  No,  but in two weeks we're at a family reunion.  So we took everything now so we don't have to return to the house over and over.  So truck is full. 

Had a house full of boys this weekend.  Mr O and Big J...Princess S stayed home to attend a year end party.  Plus Giant K,  Smiley B and Gman.  It was a lot of boys.  They were a help,  and a hinder to the packing.  Big boys,  help.....little boys....not so much.

Jody at Sanity is Overrated hit it on the proverbial head again.  Maybe we share a brain.  Okay,  we all know that we don't...since she's all sciencey...and I am clearly not.  Science was never my strong point.  Social Studies,  aka socializing,  aka talk to the boys in class....bingo-rama.  But her quest for the career that speaks to you,  I hear ya sista.

Career choice that doesn't mess with my mental health - yes please.
Career that I even remotely look forward to everyday - me me me!
Careers choice that showcases even 2.7 of my talents, beyond "can work a computer, and look cute doing it". - hand in the air,  look of anticipation.

Step one to that...actually step one is done.  Step 2 is also got a big red ch-eck!  But there has been a step 3 introduced that I wasn't anticipating.  Change is good. 

Dear Wave of Change - I'm wearin my wet suit.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we do share a brain, that would explain why I keep forgetting where I put stuff all the time and what my own home telephone number is....But really remember back in high school when they told you to predict what your life would be like in 10 years, they didn't really give you much of a heads up. They forgot to tell you that instead of feeling like and "old adult" you would still be the fun spunky idealistic person you are now and the job you picked for yourself would make you want to stab yourself in the eye out of boredom on a regular basis. They forgot to say instead of hanging out and baking apple pie for your family you would rather be (insert fun activity here). They really did not prepare us well.
    Good luck with hurdle #3, I can't wait to hear about what the new career path is.

    ReplyDelete