Jun 1, 2010

Nickelback

This morning,  I am struck by the blatantly obvious realization,  I may be getting too old for Monday night rock concerts.  I mean,  I can rock it out with the best of them,  scream my face off,  keep a beat and sing along to just about every song.  But the ringing ears,  the headache,  the deathly tired....uuuuuuggghghh

It was awesome though.  I have been a fan of Nickelback for a while.  Lost 20 pounds to their vibe,  running it off and groovin.  The shoes haven't hit the pavement for a while,  but I'm geared up again. 

I'm amazed by the people that bring their children.  Like little kids...6-7 girls.  Crazy.  The tickets aren't cheap...the lyrics are not innocent, Chad Kruger shouldn't kiss his grandmother with that mouth,  and is buzzed by the end of the show from shots on stage.  Not surprising,  but not a show for kids.

Anyway, always cool to see bands live.  To be a part of the party.  Second hand weed high was a new experience.  At one point Chad says...."is there 5 pounds of weed sitting on a burner somewhere in here?"  You get a security pat down before entering the Saddledome,  guess they don't look for joints.

Had to steal google pics...someone,  who shall remain nameless,  but is not me...can't find our point and shoot camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment