Mar 24, 2010

6 Days

Yes, that's right loyal readers...all 2 of you...I was serious when I said I'd count down the days.

On this installment of...rub it in that I'm going to Europe next week...I'd like to introduce to you Flamenco Dancing. Brought to my attention by the lovely Jody.

A little history...

Flamenco is a style of music and dance which is considered part of the culture of Spain, although it is actually native to only one region: Andalusia.

Andalusian, Gypsy, Sephardic, Morrish and byzantine influences have been detected in flamenco, often claimed to have coalesced around the time of the Reconquista in the 15th century. The original of the term are unclear, the word Flamenco itself was not recorded until the 18th century.

Flamenco is the music of the Andalusian gypsies and played in their social community. Andalusian people who grew up around gypsies were also accepted as "flamencos" (Wikipedia...I don't know this stuff)



This is Flamenco Dancing...sorry, you have to follow the link. Why won't "paste" work?!?!?!

But THIS!!....I'm going to find this show. Oh wait, I'm not going to Greece.

1 comment:

  1. Take me with you!!!! :) So jealous! You are definitely going to have such cool experiences while you are there.

    ReplyDelete