Mar 10, 2010

~ Check ~



Hello,

My name is Tiffany...and I make lists.

I am an 'out of sight, out of mind' person. If I'm not looking at it, I'm not thinking about it. My desk is usually pile high. The guys I work with don't like it....get over your issues. This is how I operate.

I also get great pleasure out of checking items off my list. I will add an item to my list, that wasn't on previously, even if I've already accomplished it, just so I can check it off. Some call that OCD, I call it productive.

So, as you can imagine, with the big trip upcoming, there is a list. In fact, on my Blackberry there are multiple lists, always on the go, always changing.

Current Lists

Costco

Groceries - cause general groceries are different than Costco groceries, to me.

House - this is isn't a list of houses, but rather items still needed for the house. What house? Ha ha, that's another post.

Tiffany - okay, that isn't a list. That's a note, I keep it cause it makes me happy.

To Be Read - I think that's fairly self explanitory

To Do - now you'd think that this is redundant with the other lists...it's not.

Work-outs - this is my sad sad attempt to start keeping track of my work outs. Why? Cause I

like lists. And also cause GSIL and I are supposed to be challenging each other. Mostly, we threw the idea out there, and haven't talked about it since.

Europe - this, of course, is the most recent and exciting list. There are items that need to be purchased on the list now. Backpacks can be checked off, did that last weekend. Need travel pillows and blankets. Did you know they charge for that on airlines now? Cheapo's. Actually maybe that's good, cause I don't really like the idea of using someone's blanket, and especially lice ridden pillow. So, thanks anyway, but I'll buy my own.

Do you ever sit at the movie theatre, lean your head back on the seat...and wonder if you're gonna get lice? Well, you will now. I think of it every time. They can't possibly sanitize those seats often, certainly not after every show. They can't get the sticky crap off the floor, why would they steam clean my chair. How many people and their yuckiness have sat in that seat, put their head back....blah blah gag blah.

Same with airplanes. At least at the movie theatre the lice can hop out and head for a snack some where else. In an air tight airplane, there's no where to go...except my scalp. And I'm here to tell ya...this girl has a lot of hair. It's deceiving. You think I don't, cause I spend a good solid amount of my morning straightening it out and removing the extra body and wavyness. But I've got lots...and a big head....so there is a lot of surface area for something to feast off my blood. This is getting gross. So anyway, public seating, I don't like it.

Back to the Europe list. After we've purchased the needed items...this will turn into a 'to be packed' list.

Now, we're backpacking in Europe. So I have to carry everything of mine. Which means that there will not be excess outfits and accessories. This happens sometimes. I don't really know what will be needed, or the standard, or what I'll feel like, so I just pack it all. It's heavy...and sometimes expensive...cause they weigh those suckers at the airport now. Cheapo's.

Very soon this list will divide like an alien re-growing a head. One list will be the stuff to pack, and the next list will be what needs to be done before leaving. And not a 'what needs to be done at work' list...that list stays at work. This is the 'what needs to be done in real life' list.

AND THEN....when that stuff is all done....the Europe list will turn into a 'to blog about list'. I had a list like this when we went to Charlotte and Phoenix. Witty funny stuff that happens, or is said...mostly by me...cause I'm witty and funny and possibly insane.

One last list which I will keep here...in fact, I'm gonna add it to my side bar...the "In a perfect world, before my trip I would...." list. Cast your gaze to the right, you see it...with all the diva-esk stuff that would make this trip even more supremo! All realistic, accomplishable...and said with absolute seriousness...ish.

1 comment:

  1. I completely hear you on the list mania. I'm a list maker/checker-offer, too. Although I don't have a "Bobbi" list. Hmm. I'll put that on my 'things to make lists of" list. And I'll make a "ways to keep my mind off the fact that T and C are enjoying themselves in Eurpoe while I freeze in Saskatchewan" list. Gotta go - lots of lists to make!

    ReplyDelete