Sep 16, 2008

~ Challenge Kick Off ~

Here is it, 100 days until Christmas. What better time to take off 10 pounds. To some 10 pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but for those of us that have a little weight to lose, but not loads, 10 pounds is a huge amount. Especially if it's your last 10 pounds. This isn't my last 10 pounds, I'd like to take of 10 more after that. But if this is the only 10 pounds, then that would be great.

So, here goes.

Step on your scale, and look down at the number. You will have to actually look at the number if you want to participate. And don't round or rationalize the number. It's not because you're retaining water, or it's that time of the month....or whatever. Look at the number. Now visualize the number, less 10. Looks better hey?

Next, measure. Most times you'll start losing inches before pounds. Measure waist, hips, thighs, arms, boob....where ever you'd like to keep track of the difference. Write down each measurement.

Finally, get started. Walk, run, skip if you like. But get moving. Do something you enjoy, there's nothin' worse that excercise, especially if you hate it. I've been running twice this week. Why did I ever stop. I love running.

Every Wednesday check in to get motivated and inspired by everyone else. Tell us how much you've lost. I'll be keep track of the total pounds. That's what the big number on the sidebar is. How many pounds can we lose?

If you're one of my lurkers and want to parcitipate, post your number anonymously. I'll add it to our total. But if you want to win the prize, you will have to reveal yourself at some point.

Here's your first inspiration. 100 days is just over 14 weeks. You only have to lose 1 pound per week, and still have 4 weeks to spare. The first couple weeks might show nothing, or you may see lots come off all at once and then level off. Don't give up. Even if you only end up losing 5 pounds, that's 5 pound less than now, and your jeans will be fitting better.

75% of what you look like is because of what goes in your mouth. The other 25% is based on your activity level. Make better food choices. I find that 3:00 is my witching hour. I do great for breakfast and lunch. Around 3 is when I'm pretty hungry and start crazing. Or eat the quick cookie. I've started eating half sandwich at this time. Tomatoe, cucumber, cheese....yum. We don't eat dinner until after 6, so I'm still plenty hungry by then.

Stay hydrated. Water, water, water.

Good luck....see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment