Sep 26, 2008

~ Reluctant ~

What's with the picture? I typed in reluctant in the google image search, this was the first one to come up. I don't know why, but there you go.



I'm very reluctant to start this day. I have a long list, very long. Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day, and I have to get a lot accomplished today to prepare. Crazy being good, in this case, but still crazy.





B and I are taking a short drive to support our family in an amazing event. We're very happy for them and all the changes they've seen in their life in the last year. We can't explain how much we love and support them, I hope they know.





Next, another drive to pick up our new family member. An event that I am happy but anxious about. I have big plans for this girl, and a short time to pull them off. I hope she's ready for it.





Child #1 is going on his first scout camp tonight. He's nervous about it. We don't sleep over. No friends here, none of my children there. Stay late and watch a movie, that's fine. There is no sleeping at other people's homes. I have my reasons. But as a result he's pretty anxious about his first scout camp. I am as well. It's only one night, and only minutes from our town. But still. The Scout leader has warned the boys about bringing any electronic devices. They aren't needed or necassary.... I get that. However, my son will have the cell phone with him. We call it the kids phone. It's one of those phones that the mom pre-programs the numbers in so they can only call 4 designated numbers. He's feeling better to have this possible connection with us, and frankly...so am I.





It's a dilemna in my head. Over protect him as I've done for 11 years. Shelter his exposure to the world and it's vices. Keep his reality contained within our home. But he's getting older and needs to have some life experiences. Granted, experiences that we're tightly controlling at this point....but starting. There's always the risk that the experience he'll have is more than we anticipated. A parent hopes that their children can become responsible members of society with a grasp of all the world holds, within limits. Especially at 11. So we're letting him go. Pushing him even. He's a reserved kid, not one to jump in. He is his father's child. Stand back and look at the whole picture, weigh the options, make and educated decision. His mother tends to jump in and consider the consequences later. Opposites attract.





He's a tad confused. I've stuck to my guns about this sleep over issue. And yet I'm sending him out the door for this camp. I'm confused as well. But all I know is, he'll be fine...and hopefully have fun, and he needs to spread his wings a little. I'm going to go cry in my room now.... = )



I'm rambing, mostly to avoid starting this day. I need super powers today; stealth, muscle, longevity and organization. I don't know that organization is high on the super powers list. Haven't yet heard of Super-Organized as a hero to be feared. The only one that comes to mind is that Flylady girl, and she doesn't strike me as lethal. Well she does, if I had to measure up in her cleaning abilities, as I'm lacking. Son #2 recently came into the kitchen with a home-made sword. He's forever making a sword with anything he can find. He readied himself to show me his 'moves'. They always have sound effects, they're boys, they live their lives with sound effects. This time he had new ones that hadn't been used before.

Wa-Pow

Wa-Tush

I'll be using these sound effect as I work down the list.

Laundry - wapow, watush. Baking - wapow, watush. Groceries - wapow and watush.



Oh, and that Chili Pasta Bake that I've been putting off for the last couples week, huge success. The kids gobbled it up.

Chili Pasta Bake

1 1/2lbs ground beef

1 can Italian seasoned Tomatoes

1 can Tomatoe sauce

2 tbsp Chili Powder

Onion

Garlic

Salt

Pepper

1 cup noodles - raw

Cook up meat, throw all in the crock pot.

Let it go all afternoon. I pured the tomatoes.

20 min before eating, throw cheese all over.

I served it with nacho chips as it was pretty thick, lasagna consistency. They scooped it up and chowed. I'll double the recipe next time, no left overs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment