Oct 22, 2008

~ 10 lbs in 100 Days - Week 5 ~

How is the intensity during your workouts? I find that increasing my intensity is stalled, not by my muscles but by my mind. My head tells me that I can't do more, when my muscles still have some capacity. This is proven as I increase my running intervals each week. Even in weeks where my workouts haven't been fantastic, I'm able to increase the interval the next week without dying. This week has been a prime example. Tuesday I ran and didn't have a lot of time, but wanted to get some kind of workout done. So I ran two 5 minute intervals. Today, I had time to do a full work out. I did four 5 minute intervals. It was tough, but I accomplished.

Increasing your intensity can also be done by keeping your intervals constant ( if you're running) but adding resistance. I do this by increasing the incline of my treadmill. By adding one minute to each of my intervals this week and increasing my incline one notch, I burned 60 more calories and ran .3 km more than last week. I'm slowly working up to the 5 km run that I have Dec 31st. Today I ran 4.02 km.

Oh, and the picture....that's just for a little inspiration!!

Pounds - I'm down another pound - Finally! It's taken nearly 2 weeks to get off 1 pound. Frustrating! Let me hear your results this week.

Host - 3

J

E

M

C

A

T

B

No comments:

Post a Comment