Oct 20, 2008

~ What's up Dock?! ~

It's been a busy week.

Something about having a long weekend, as great as that is...gets me behind for the rest of the week. Last weekend was crazy with my grandma's funeral and then Thanksgiving. I had very little sleep and a lot to do. As a result, I was in semi-comatose state when I showed up to work on Tuesday. I only work one day a week, and it wasn't a good one. So I muddled through and continued on a week destine for disaster.

I'm hoping this week is better. For one, the Monday is actually falling on Monday.

Fun on the weekend - The Corn Maze

A and I had been talking all summer about taking the kids to this fun filled destination. We never seemed to get it done.

This weekend we went and had a great time. It's about 30 minutes east of us (Hey JL, that's also about 30 west of you...check it out) It was a sunny day and the kids had fun running through the corn trying to find the end. They were rewarded with a cookie from the nice lady and it was a fun time.

You know.....the corn.

B is excited - J is unsure.

This little ear of corn is happy? It was sunny.

Having a snack afterwards...once again J is unsure about his choice of family.

Piece of licorice in his mouth, not a tumor.

And now I sit here, in my running apparel, trying to summon the energy to get on my treadmill. I didn't sleep well, I'm dragging.....

Maybe I'll perk up by making snarky comments about life and others = )

1. The purpose of the corn maze is supposed to be fun.....yes? So fun, in this case, is defined by being lost. We enter the maze and the kids immediately take off in every direction. We're not sure if the little ones are with the big ones, or if the little ones have wondered back out to the highway. We can't check, because of course, we're lost. So the adults are now wandering together. No children in site, just a bunch of adults wandering through the maze thinking they're having fun, when really....they're lost. Random children are encountered at various turns, crying is heard and a 'lost' child found. At one point we actually find ourselves back at the entrance. Do we exit with relief that our lives can now continue and we will not have to wander for eternity...no....we turn around and go back into the maze. Like we were having such a blast the first time around.

2. I'm drowning in work. I know I said I was cutting back, and I have....significantly actually. But at the moment I'm losing my battle with the paperwork. It's a good thing for the $$. Sept/Oct are expensive months. Back to school, back to sports, back to life. It's pricey. T is in Scouts and Basketball. S is in Activity Day Girls and Basketball. O is in Preschool, Choir and Soccer. Mom is in denial, Dad is in confusion. J - he lives in his own world, it's free for now.

3. Why do we get so much junk mail. We recycle.... a lot. We try to reduce our disposal. But man, the amount of paper that comes through this home. If I wanted to lose weight in 30 seconds, date unknown men, win a kabillion dollars or go on a dream vacation to Acme....I'd be set.

4. Friday night we have K&C over and watch a movie. We have a multitude of movies to choose from. So we choose Leatherheads. Well C chose it...I'll blame him. It's a fine enough movie, but to give you the full story.....oh, I can't remember. Someone was snoring during the movie, and it wasn't me.

5. Hey DD - Happy Birthday!

6. And Miss JL - man you're getting old....I am so much younger than you!! = )

That's it...I can't even make it to 10. So sad that I'm so tired that I can't think of bad things to say about people....that's really tired! As Mr. O says..."I'm running out of Awake"

No comments:

Post a Comment