Oct 24, 2008

~ Cruel Joke ~

Have you ever had a joke played on you, one that was just not funny. That is currently happening to me, at 12:23 am...a cruel joke. I'm tired, really tired. I've had a crazy day...but here I am blogging because if I make myself horizontal in my bed my eyes bug open and my mind starts racing and I lay awake listening to B breath. This is dumb. Why can't I sleep, after all I'M TIRED!

1. Have you ever had one of those days where you're running crazy, trying to get everything done. This kid here, that kid there, what's for dinner, where are my keys. Why are we missing a child? That happened today. Finally get home for the day, bringing in the mail, sorting through the junk, then it dawns on me....don't I have a girl? Nice mother, forgets to pick up her child. She was perfectly safe and unaware as she was playing at a friend's house, but really. Bad Mommy.

2. What is the dress code in your office. I work in an office one day a week. It's my day to dress up a little...rather than the jeans, T-shirt and hoodie that are my regular attire. I pull out all the stops. Accessories and perfume even. But others don't seem to have the same dress code standards. Putting on a jacket does not hide the fact that you are wearing Lululemon Pants. Fancy as that is, I'm sure you paid the same as the gross income of a small town for those pants, but they are still work out/lounging wear, not office attire.

3. Do you have a restaurant at your house? Normally we do not. What I make is what you get. Don't like it, well go find another mommy. I've explained to my offspring that I don't purposely make disgusting food, though they think so. I do in fact pride myself in being a good cook. In putting effort into make a variety of meals. But they assume that I'm searching the dumpster at the grocery store in search of the grossest item possible and then I cook it up and put it on our dinner table. Granted you can never win with a family of 6. Tonight was restaurant night. Thursdays often are as I work and then O has choir right as I get home. We don't walk in the door until after 5. If I have been enthusiastic then I have something quasi prepared, and if I'm amazing ( which is not often) I have something in the slow cooker. Tonight was neither of those. The quick meal at our house is pancakes and eggs. There are other quick meals, but this tends to be the one I fall back on. S does not like this meal. O tolerates it. T and J eat it like they've lived on a deserted island for the last year. Tonight consisted of Pancakes and Eggs, and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Nothing like Ketchup and Syrup mixed on the same plate.

4. I hate flies. I hate them in my house. There is a fly in my house and I can't find the fly swatter. I think it is mixed in with the recycling. I've resorted to a rolled up newspaper. Why do flies buzz so close to my face. Do I have a sandwich on there that I'm not aware of? It's like they're taunting me. "Can't catch me". Well I got the sucker today. Thank you Calgary Herald. He didn't die right away, I had to smash the crap out of him, but I don't have any anger issues. Then just as I was about to start my dance of triumph...another one flies by. Do I appear to be a woman that needs more irritation in her life?

5. I go to an Acupuncturist to help control my migraines. Notice how I haven't been talking about them lately....Acupuncture. I was asked the other day if it hurts.....um, needles in your skin. It's not that bad. My shoulder has been hurting lately when I haven't had enough sleep. Ironically it's not hurting right now. My Acupuncturist (that's hard to spell...I'll now be referring to her as Dr. A) is also a Massage Therapist. This way when she finds a particular part that the jabbing the needles doesn't help, she can drill her fingers into my muscles just to add to the experience. It would seem that my shoulder has been hurting because my elbow and lower arm are tight. My should no longer hurt, my elbow and lower arm do. I think I paid money for that.

6. We've been saving for a while to take the kids on a surprise trip in the spring. It's a surprise, remember that if you see my children.....surprise. What is currently surprising is the state of the US economy and the effect it is having on our dollar. That trip may be put on hold. I don't want to cash in my $$ at 75%.

We've been saving for a while to take the kids on a surprise trip to Lethbridge in the spring. It's a surprise.....

7. I hate running. I love running. I hate running. I love running. I hate starting a workout. I love finishing a workout. I hate increasing my intervals each week. I love getting closer to my distance goals. I hate the sweat, muscles tightness and strain. I love the scale number decreasing. I hate the shin splints and numb toes. I love the jeans fitting better. I hate running. I love running.

8. What is you're feeling on Tweens? I currently own a Tween, I'm thinking of returning him. He's mouthy, emotional, doesn't want to work, tries to parent the kids. He's starting to notice name brand clothes, and wants expensive shoes. He's also funny, starting to understand my jibes, teases his mother and is turning into a great babysitter. I think his return policy has also expired. I guess I have to keep him.

9. Guitar Hero has recently graced our home. B's brother lent it to us. For those of you that know my quiet, unassuming husband....picture him rockin' it out to Guitar Hero. Oh no, he's not good at it. He looses. But still the rockin'.

10. Our van is starting to show it's age. We've had it for 7 years. I've but hundreds of thousands of km on that thing. It was once referred to as my 72 hour kit. It has food, water and blankets in it most of the time. B prefers not to enter this area. The kids in I live in that thing regularly. There's even a movie system in there. J thinks the Van is actually named "Go Diego Go".

Can you hypnotise yourself?

You're getting very sleepy. Follow the swinging watch. Why do they say that, it just makes you motion sick, not sleepy. Listen to my voice....also, that's not relaxing, it's irritating.

You're getting very sleepy....if you take some Tylenol PM....you will get very sleepy.

You're getting very sle.......

No comments:

Post a Comment