Dec 19, 2008

~ Christmas Break Begins ~


Christmas Break officially begins at our house today. The kids had their concert last night, and it went late. They entered their beds at a later hour than is customary. And one thing about my kids, they need their sleep. So I, being the model and exemplary mother that I am (gag), let them sleep in this morning and skip their last day of school. Well okay, I didn't have the energy to awaken and get them off to school. Nor the energy to fight them out of their beds on the last day when they're going to do nothing at school. So the holidays begin. I enjoy the two weeks. It's not too long, but long enough. And Christmas is a bunch of holidays all at once so it goes by fast as we celebrate Christmas then New Years.

So, the Christmas Concert last night. My children go to a school that employs a music teacher that is serious about music. This is not "stand up with your class and sing a song that only half the kids know the words to". No maam. This is a full on production that last 2 hours. Songs, acting, costume changes. It's involved....and it's long. I have children in grade 3 & 6. And in this school when you are Top Dog (Grade 6) you participate in the play. Lines and all. Now you can't actually hear these lines because their sound system seems to be sending it to the playground. But they're up there, and their lips are moving, so I assume they're saying something. My darling boy thought he wanted a speaking part. I was surprised by this revelation. This is a child that used to hide under a table when strangers spoke to him. Nevertheless, he was anxious for the 'speaking parts' list to be revealed. It was luck of the draw, they drew from a hat. They did not draw TB. So he could only be an elf, a Penguin (I don't know why there were penguins) and something to do with a green shirt. I didn't ever catch that. Oh wait, the whole thing was entitled "Christmas going Green"....or "Green Christmas".....or "This thing is so long it's making me sick to my stomach"....one of those anyway.


Here's a peek...excuse some slight blurriness.....was taking from far away with a long lens. I just can't hold that still.

No comments:

Post a Comment