Dec 31, 2008

~ Last Day ~


The last day of the 2008 year. It's flown by, and not. It's been great and not. It's been an adventure, and not.


Give me a second to excuse myself from the average blabber and get serious for one sec....just one.


This was a tough year for me spiritually. I lacked the spirit, I repelled it even. My friends watched me struggle, they supported me, then they told me that 'enough is enough'. I understand where they were coming from, and appreciate their concern. However, nothing has changed. I'm still having the same struggles and inner turmoil. So may I not set a resolution, but simply say.... 2009 will be focused more on me. I know what you're thinking, HELLO, you think everything in the world revolves around YOU. Well yes, but no. Those who really know me, who are a part of my daily life...who are my 'everyday friends' know that this banter, blabbing and general running of the mouth is me, but not. It's a part of me and the crazy girl that I am, but only a part, not entirely who I am.

So as the last hours of 2008 dwindle and I get ready to spend an evening with the greatest friends ever. The ones who have seen me struggle, who have even seen a silent tear...may I say thank you. You know who you are, you know how I love you. You know how I make a show of being strong all the time, but really I couldn't do it without you. You know that I'd drop anything to help you, and I know you'd do the same for me. K says that her friends are her family because her family doesn't live close. My family does live close, and my friends still are my family. I have friends near and friends far. They all play a vital part in my life.

To 2009 - let it be the year that we each see the value we hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment