Dec 2, 2008

~ 12 Days of christmas - Step 1 ~


So you've all been Super Duper Mommy's and started your 25 Days of Christmas activities. Don't say you haven't, cause I read your blogs. Well, I am not a Super Duper Mommy....however you have made me feel like I should be one. So today, I took the first step in doing a 12 Days of Christmas with my kids.

I made a list.

It's a big break thru I know. First step is acceptance. I accept that I am not a Super Duper Mommy. Step 2 is Restitution. I will establish this with my kids, so that Christmas isn't over in a flash and I've been so busy with everything that it has passed me by and I didn't take the time to make is more special for my children. Step 3 is Do Something.

I made the list.

This list is 12 activities that I plan to print out on actual paper, put in real envelopes and let my children open on the designated day. Now that is the easy part. THEN, I will actually do the activity listed in the real envelope. Not put it off, not answer the phone or email, not tell my kids 'Just a Second'. I will let them open it in the morning so I have the rest of the day to get organized enough to accomplish.

I make this sound so complicated. I know. I'm a complicated kind of girl. But mostly I get caught up in this and that....and I lose track of my day.

Like yesterday. I had one single goal. Pull out the Christmas decorations and go through them. Chucking the bad stuff, keeping the good. This then turned into finding the Size 4 Boys Clothes box so that O can stop going to Preschool naked. Then going through this box and deciding that either I had bad taste when my 11 year wore these clothes, or there were bad options available. There was some terrible stuff in the box. This lead to going through four more totes and reducing what was in them. If I hate it now, I'm still going to hate it in a year or two when my two little monsters have grown into these clothes. THEN, this lead to going through a couple of my keepsake boxes to see if I could reduce them and make some more space in the storage room. There was a lot of stuff in there that I don't even remember. No use in keeping it if I don't know what it is, or where it came from. THEN, this lead to re-arranging the storage room to make room for the Beans and Wheat that I have been adding to my food storage lately, but has been sitting in buckets in the play room.

So you see, I can get carried away.

My husband also noticed this when he came home to absolute chaos. You can't de-junk without making a major mess.

Focus....so I made the list.

Are you interested in this list? Craving to know what my little mind of genius has come up with.

Okay.

Not yet in order of opening.

Write Letter to Santa

Bake Christmas Cookies

Go and look at Christmas Lights

Family Gift exchange Names

Shop for Gift Exchange

Take Christmas Cookies to a Friend

ZooLights

Christmas Nativity


Call a friend and wish Merry Christmas

Hot Chocolate and a Christmas Movie


Drop a Surprise Christmas Treat

Read Christmas Story in Bible

I know, you're disappointed. You thought it would be way more involved and creative than this.

Are you in Christmas Season Denial?

Just follow my steps. You'll get over it.

Made the list - check.

Print out the list - hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment